Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

September 2nd, 2016 21:00

X51 R2 won't turn on when graphic card is installed, just a dim light on the button

Hi,

I X51 R2 won't turn on with the graphic card installed, however when i remove the graphic card from the slot, i.e, from the device, and with the hdmi cable plugged in to the motherboard, it worked just fine. I've tried this multiple times, it just doesn't work with the graphic card. The last thing i was doing when it was still working was installing a driver for the graphic card since i just restored my system. I left my com by itself and went out, when i came back it became like this. I'm not sure whether it is the problem with the graphic card or the power cord due to something like insufficient power or what, since if it worked fine without the card installed. Please help me! Thank you!

16 Posts

September 4th, 2016 08:00

Something like this sort of happened to me, I think I spent 3 Days on the phone with tech wiping my hard drive, reinstalling Windows, reinstalling drivers, screen sharing until it got to the point they wanted me to send it to them so they could have a deeper look, I got it back after a week & they only told me it was a software issue so that may help you out. Make sure the old driver is completely wiped from the PC before trying to install the new one.

No Events found!