Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

H

September 19th, 2014 22:00

X51 - Windows 8 - How do i access the recovery partition to restore to factory image ?

I've done this 1000 times on Dells and for as long as I can remember, it has been easy to recover the system back to the factory image, but I am unable to locate how to access this partition in X51 with Windows 8 installed. The partition is there, where is the means to restore it located ?

• 

2.7K Posts

September 22nd, 2014 10:00

The only way you can get into that partition is through the Alienrespawn program or from outside of windows through the advanced startup options (you can find it by pressing F8 at the start up).

• 

2.7K Posts

September 22nd, 2014 10:00

The only way you can get into that partition is through the Alienrespawn program or from outside of windows through the advanced startup options (you can find it by pressing F8 at the startup).

3 Posts

September 22nd, 2014 16:00

F8 does not work on the Windows 8 machines. Startup only allows a fraction of a milli-second where it checks for the F8 key being pressed, and in the newer, Windows 8 machines, it's just too quick, this method can no longer be used.

• 

2.7K Posts

September 26th, 2014 08:00

You are able to get into the repair options in windows 8, try to restart pressing shift+f8 and if that doesn't work try doing a couple of hard resets and windows will bring up the menu. 

No Events found!