Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 16th, 2014 17:00

alienware 14

I cant get into my windows store....my computer is connected to the internet via cat 5 cable....is the system having trouble with the windows store. I did a pc check up and it said my computer was healthy...

well to top it all off....I only had this laptop for four days and I am having small problems with it just a little disappointed cause of the simple fact it is suppose to be top of the line....ok well my second night of ownership, I had called a dell support contractor I gave permission to remotely look at my computer....the reason I called was to get help with my Microsoft password....and instead of him tell me that my account was deleted, remotely went into my computer and he pulled up my dois command....you know the black screen....anyway....im stupid when it comes to computers....but I am smart enough to know that he didn't need to be pulling up files with my updates....and unchecked some settings and I saw him delete some drivers and so forth...when he did that....I seen nothing but error signs on the whole page....then he types to me and tells me that there is something wrong with my computer and the default settings needs to be checked...so I told him what I thought he did...he said nothing....he just kept telling me 199 199 and he will fix my computer.....I told him it is a brand new computer....I had just reset it back to factory settings and chose recommended settings....so there is no way that all my default settings are unchecked.....then I told him never mind I will just create a new account.....I told him I was going to reset my computer and take it back to the store....ok now he said no don't do that....let me fix it for you....for 99 dollars...since you are on ssi you don't have to pay now...you can pay on the 3rd of next month....he said he talked to his supervisor and his supervisor said ok....what supervisor....contractors don't have a boss.....anyway I got off with him and I reset my computer....I didn't put a password to my computer that time....my husband and I watched you tube at bedtime....we watched it together....husband fell to sleep I closed my computer and went to bed....I awoke at 4 am this morning, and I was locked out of my computer....now remember I didn't set a password this time after I reset my computer....wow....this has been really one confusing day or three or four days for me with this laptop....I have done reset it 5 times since I had it....I downloaded world or warcraft 4 times....im not downloading it again....im keeping the laptop till Friday of next week and im returning it....I learned a lot....but I can't keep having to reset it....I haven't been able to really sat down to enjoy this laptop for one hour yet.....I give up.....I always wanted an alien ware laptop...now I got one....I wish I never would have gotten it.....they are top of the line that they are,....it has proved to me to be top of the line on gaming....I mean I had all my graphics turn to ultra and still was able to run around go to dungeons with no lag....now with alien ware, you are able to see the full affects of wow graphics and let me tell you....all you can do is say WOW!!!!!! oh and I do believe that when I closed my computer....I bet that tech just hacked my system and locked me out of it.....cause really how else did my computer get locked....I reset it...It removed the password....I didn't put a password  on my computer and there I go couldn't get on it....that man broke my computer on purpose and wanted me to pay him 200 dollars to fix what he broke....just a warning people....only call dell support during the day....it offers support through 24 7 days a week....they are contractors and they will con you if you let them....I just proved to him I wasn't as stupid as he thought I would be....so if you can help it wait till business hours open....they are open from 8 am to 12 pm....to the support people that works for dell...thanks for all your hard work and thanks for keeping us customers happy with a running computer.....I applaud all the dell supporters that work in dell....not the contractors....I know I will make them mad....I don't care I just don't want what happened to me to happen to anyone else......

February 18th, 2014 10:00

We are sorry to hear about that experience. What phone number did you dial? I'll pass on the feedback to the person in charge.

No Events found!