Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 14th, 2013 12:00

aurora r4 usb connectors 1, 2 and 3

Hi

I recently got my MOBO replaced after doing the infamous A08 bios update (now on A10)

I noticed that when I did the f12 diagnostics boot it tells me right off the bat that there is a problem with the usb connector so, I went and looked and noticed that the technician had connected the usb connectors to usb 2 and 3 and left usb 1 unused on the motherboard.

In the owners manual this is on page 20 the items listed as 19, 20 and 21. 19 being unused.

My rig works well for the rest, although I noticed that I had to reinstall all my drivers for usb connected devices.

Could there be problems in the future if i just leave it as is or should i try reconnecting the usbs to usb1 and 2 instead of 2 and 3?

Thanks for your consideration.

1 Rookie

• 

1.8K Posts

December 14th, 2013 13:00

The short answer, is it works the way the dude hooked it up, but go ahead & re-do the usb conx's the way they should be. I do believe the Master I/O board hooks into usb_1, so trace its connector labeled MB_MIO & hook it into usb_1 on the mthrbrd; that way, your wiring will be correct down the road for troubleshooting the mi/o - with no confusion between it and the top front usb's. Your spare usb port is there for optional usb equipment if you ever install it. The only "problems in the future" would be if you were instructed to unplug MI/O USB_1, but were in fact mistakenly unplugging the top usb's ... to no avail. From a purists standpoint, redo that wiring job! 

No Events found!