Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 11th, 2012 23:00

do i need to uninstall inte drivers then reinstall them everytime to just update my nvidia drivers on my X51 ???

OK so today i got promted by my nvidia drivers as i'm using the ones from nvidia themself do to lack of updates on dell site for my gtx555. So when i first did thid or rather when a technision over the internet did this she had first uninstalled Intel drivers, then when she tried to reinstal them they would nto work forsing her to get them from intel so she did then she installed those,then installed nvidia drivers. Know my Question is do i need to do all this again just to instal a nvidia updated driver? or can i just install like nvidia site says and d-load them threw nvidia driver and install them?. or do i need to go threw this hedach again.

353 Posts

October 11th, 2012 23:00

reason i ask is the dell tech could nto even get the factory nvidia drivers loaded or factory intel drivers loaded so she herself loaded ones from intel and nvidia site. so now i get promted for a update so i need to know id i can just install this update. or do i need to go threw all this again as its a big pain in the you no what.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

October 12th, 2012 04:00

Hello Cruser,

Going by the issue that you have described, I understand that it is an update that you are getting from Nvidia. So if it is just an update you can definitely install the update directly, without even uninstalling or re-installing  the intel drivers.
Please write back if you have any further questions.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

October 15th, 2012 05:00

Hi Cruser,

Hope the issue was resolved. Is there anything else I may help you with?
Awaiting your response! 

353 Posts

October 15th, 2012 07:00

nope all good thanks for response back have a awesome day :) 

207 Posts

May 31st, 2013 10:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with the same or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.                                                                          

No Events found!