Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 11th, 2014 17:00

¨factory setup error 5¨ trying to reinstall alienware respawn

hi i did a clean install of the os and im trying to install alienware respawn but i keep getting this error while the instalation. 

¨factory setup error 5¨

what can i do? thanks.

• 

2.7K Posts

August 15th, 2014 10:00

Did you deleted all the partition at the moment you where reinstalling windows?

If you don’t format hard drive you might get error messages when you try to install the Alienrespawn. 

4 Posts

August 16th, 2014 11:00

Hi Milena,

Thanks for your help.

I didnt format all the partition, only the one with the OS, i keep the oem and recovery since i wanted to be able to go back to the oem factory settings. I´ve searching a lot about that and seem that is impossible, am i rigth? i hope im not :S please tell i can go back to the factory settings.

• 

2.7K Posts

August 18th, 2014 11:00

It’s better to format the whole hard drive otherwise you might have problems installing Alienrespawn, the only way to go back to the factory setting will be if you created the recovery disk when you received the system. Reinstalling Alienrespawn to try to get to the old recovery partition won´t work.

If you need more information about Alienrespawn you can check out this videos they might help you. 

4 Posts

August 19th, 2014 13:00

So if i ddnt a recovery disk and my hdd fail i have no way to get to my factory settings? or is dell able to send any kind of recovery disk since the one i have is only a windows disk.

• 

2.7K Posts

August 20th, 2014 22:00

In that case you just need to download all the drivers from the support site, in there you will find as well the command center and themes that will make your system looks as if you just got it from the factory. 

1 Message

September 27th, 2015 18:00

I updated to windows 10 (just updated not a clean install) and after the first update to respawn failed I uninstalled and tried to install the latest version. 4 versions later I am still getting this factory setup error 5

No Events found!