Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 16th, 2011 14:00

how to re-install windows 7 on m R-1

hello.  i've been through the ringer with alienware CS, and i simply refuse to pay them $90 to tell me how to do this...unless i can't find an answer here :/.

my aurora deimos r-1 is using RAID 0 to make two 500gig drives 1 TB. i wanted to wipe everything clean and start new, so i deleted the 3 partitions and reformatted the drive to 1TB.

the problem is when i put in the system disc, it shows me the 1TB drive where i want to install windows, but when i try to click 'next', it gives me a error about disc drivers.  i know i have to do something in the BIOS to let the machine know about the RAID 0, but WHAT do i have to do?

i'm almost missing DOS 4...almost.

thanks!

mark

131 Posts

November 16th, 2011 20:00

Well I wish I could be of more help but I recently redid my Raid 0 and all I had to do was use the Windows DIsc.  I didn't problem like  you are having so I'm not sure its because your re-installing windows...

9 Posts

November 17th, 2011 08:00

thanks anyway, d.  the only 'free' info i got from dell was that it's possibly something in the BIOS i need to address. the part that confuses me is, i reformatted and partitioned with the install disc, yet it doesn't 'see' the partition (even though it lists the drive as disc 0 partition 1)...very upsetting.

131 Posts

November 17th, 2011 09:00

Berbes I do know for a fact that making your Hard Drives to the Raid configuration be it O or 1 you do that in the Bios.  I'm just not sure if you make a change or if it is even that simple.  All I know is I ran the Windows Disc Alienware gave me and it didn't affect my HDD's.  I will add that while I did delete two of the partitions (the one that contained all my files and and one that said Recovery or something like that)  I left the one that said OEM.....wasn't really sure what that was but I was guessing both of those were just ways to get the stuff that are on the Discs from your actual PC minus the Windows 7.  

No Events found!