Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 19th, 2011 12:00

laptop or desktop from outlet store

Hi guys just joined these forums and wanted to ask some questions which i hope you can answer for me.

1. should i get an alienware M17X from the outlet store im looking around the 1100 pounds mark and if i do what condition are the refurb ones in and will they be packaged like a new one also it does not state what gpu is inside any of these machines how can i find out ive rang dell and also emailed the outlet store but no reply. I would also like to no if these machines could be upgraded in the future with better graphics cards. And also if it has a decent gpu could it be good for say the next 2 years.

2. should i get an aurora 2 with the I7 920 and dual 6870 gpus which is on the dell outlet for 1100 pounds and if i did get it could it be hooked up to my 21 inch imac which i would like to use as a monitor and what kind of performance could i excpect from this system. can these machines be easily upgraded i have built my own gaming pcs in the past so thats no a problem but what is the compatability of alienware machines 

3. should i just buy the basic M17X or aurora brand new from the dell store

4. what are the discount coupons ive heard about and where can i get them from.

Guys thx for taking the time to read my post and i hope to hear from you soon as to me its a lot of money to pay out and i want to get it right first time thx.

322 Posts

August 19th, 2011 18:00

Whatever you buy look for coupons online.  I just got a area51 ALX from the outlet store $2697 and found a coupon that took $337 more off.

3 Posts

August 20th, 2011 18:00

I think I'll steer clear of dell and alienware I've phoned I've emailed I've tweeted and I ain't had much response on here but thx for your reply. I went on kobalt forums about there systems and got a reply within 10 minutes from one of there managers so I'm gunna purchase one of there systems. From what I've experienced the outlet store is near impossible to contact so I'm not gunna trust them with my money.

322 Posts

August 21st, 2011 17:00

Make that 537, extra 20% off outlet price.

No Events found!