Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 28th, 2010 23:00

m11x unable switch display to a projector through a HDMI to VGA converting cable

Hi guys,

I have a new m11x with HDMI port. I have tried to connect the unit to a projector by a HDMI-to-VGA cable. It does not work.

I read some comments somewhere on display to a projector. They say it is needed to switch the VGA card from Intel one to nVIDIA's.

Could someone here help me to solve this issue?

- is the switching from Intel VGA to nVIDIA's valid?

- if so, could someone show me how?

I use my m11x as a working laptop and really need the dispaly on project function for presentation.

Thank you very much in advance.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

October 29th, 2010 00:00

In general ... I don't think you can convert HDMI to VGA with a simple cable. VGA is actually analog at a primary level. I have seen simple DVI to HDMI converters (they are both digital).

Doesn't the m11x have a vga port?

32 Posts

October 29th, 2010 01:00

M11xR1 boasted VGA, DP and HDMI. M11xR2, to make space for other stuff (better GPU I think) has only got DP and HDMI.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

October 29th, 2010 02:00

Just did a quick search ...

Most VGA to HDMI converters are expensive and go the other way ... VGA-in to HDMI-out.

However, fairly inexpensive DP to VGA converters are pretty common now-days. I think people use them to hook-up their old VGA monitors to their new (DisplayPort capable) video cards.

2 Posts

October 29th, 2010 10:00

Not sure other's, mine does not have the VGA port at all.

How could I be able to do the presentation on a projector with my m11x without a VGA port :)?

No Events found!