Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 30th, 2013 15:00

mSATA SSD doesn't dectected in BIOS on M14x R2

Hi Guys,

I just got my AW M14x R2 came w/o an original SSD and I bought a Crucial M4 mSATA 256G SSD to install in the empty mSATA slot. But after I put the SSD in the BIOS cannot detect the it. Any idea what goes wrong?

Thanks,

Jimmy

1.5K Posts

April 30th, 2013 16:00

Hi Jimmy,

Welcome to the community.

Once you have installed the MSATA drive on the system, please load the BIOS defaults and then check again.

Please check the steps for loading BIOS defaults:

Tap F2 key at the system startup. Press F9 to Load Defaults.

Press Continue and then Save/Exit.

Please check again if the drive is detected.

If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

3 Posts

April 30th, 2013 17:00

Thanks Sandeep, I tried but no luck. I actually updated the biso from A10 to A12 and it doesn't work as well

3 Posts

April 30th, 2013 19:00

After talking to tech support, they asked me to send the computer back for check:(

Now my quetions are:

1. Will they check mSata slot if they dont know what the problem is?

2. What will happen to my data on the HDD? I don't have another drive for backup

Thanks,

Jimmy

1.5K Posts

May 1st, 2013 13:00

Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for your reply. We would check the MSATA port for any issues and replace any part if required.

It would be advisable that you take a backup of the data before sending it for repairs.However, if you have no means for making a backup then remove the SATA harddrive from the system before sending it for repair.

If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

1 Message

August 8th, 2013 06:00

Hi there mate im suffering the exact same problem did you manage to get it sorted? any suggestions other than send it off?

many thanks in advance

No Events found!