Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 1st, 2013 23:00

please do something!!!!

Name is JooYoung Song. I am using m17x r3 right now. I have been having lots of trouble with this $3500 laptop. I regret so much of buying this laptop. I even changed my graphic card because it couldnt run some games fully. I had the problem where my computer's screen went black, so i sent it for repair a year ago. However i am having that problem again so i called to complain. I was satisfied at first when one of your employee told me that dell would send me new computer that is better than mine,  M17X R4 , honestly i was very happy. But the next day i get a call from the same guy and tells me that it was declined when i asked him the day before if  i could get a new computer that is better than the one i got for sure. And he told me that i will be able to get better and new computer 100%!!!! If you dont believe me hear the recordong. You guys record the comversation. Anyways they told me that it was declined amd ill have to send the computer for repairs once more. Are you kidding me? Dell you guys cant even keep your word? Mu warranty is over next year so when i get my computer back, it will probably work for a year amd when it breaks again ill have to live with it right? What kind of service is this? I thought your company's primary objective was customer satisfaction. Do i look satisfied? Sure there are customers that are satisfied but arent i the same customer? I am strongly unsatisfied of your services compared to the price of the laptop. Please as i am asking you for the last time. Do something about it. Please send the reply at . i will be waiting for your reply.

3 Apprentice

• 

8.8K Posts

April 2nd, 2013 12:00

KRIGG4,

Sorry about these problems you are going through.

To my knowledge a Level 1 tech doesn't have the authority to authorize system exchanges.  The request goes to upper level employees and the request is looked at.  This usually takes a few days from  initiation to acceptance or denial or the request.

Computers, like most other things with moving parts have a lifetime of use.

As you said, Dell repaired your system a year ago and now it is in need of repair again.  Dell  will repair it again if it is under warranty like you say?

What will happen a year from now when your warranty expires no one really knows, but there are only so many years that Dell will warranty a unit.  Have you checked on extending the warranty after this coming year or has it run it's lifetime and it can't be extended?

If there was someway I could help you I would but besides what I have written that's about all I see that can be done.

Zb1

1.2K Posts

April 2nd, 2013 17:00

you may have misunderstood, he may have said he would see about getting a replacement but in his own words and you misinterpreted as getting a new system, if a replacement was issued it would be a refurb, return system, refused delivery ect... never BRAND new .. been there done that with my M17X R1 and 3 R2's (when they had dual Graphics cards and a ton of heating issues) LOL

anyway, dell's policy is 3 attempts to fix the same issue and if it fails after 3rd attempt they may issue a replacement refurbed system of equal or better specs pending on availability

this is a tech support  not customer service but im sure a rep here will prolly help you out ..

No Events found!