Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 28th, 2012 15:00

"Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this computer, restart the installation."

My cousin messed up my husband's AlienwareM18x Laptop after a virus issue. He attempted to wipe the computer and reinstall windows 7 with my copy of windows home premium 64 bit and the laptops original validation key dealy on the bottom of the laptop. Afterwards we got the message that titles this thread. The computer has been a $3000 paperweight for months, I recently found the 2 discs that came with the computer, "Alienware windows 7 home premium 64 bit" which says it's used for backup and recovery of his alienware computer system and "M18x Resource DVD". We attempted to install windows 7 using using the Alienware windows 7 home premium disc. It acted as though it was installing normally, restarted a few times and then finally restarted with the above message.

I am unfamiliar with Alienware, and the husband doesn't know much of anything about computers. I was hoping someone could help me troubleshoot and fix this problem before he gets home, it would make him very happy.

No Responses!
No Events found!