Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 6th, 2015 08:00

(redirected) Alienware X51 R2 - help with bluetooth option?

I just purchased an Alienware x51 R2 (runs windows 8.1)  about 3 months ago but due to time restraints haven't been able to get the machine set up to use until last week.

My issue is with the Bluetooth. When I bought the PC I could have sworn it said specifically -- "Bluetooth 4.0" next to the wireless card info, but  I can't find any bluetooth settings or clients anywhere. What do I need to do to enable this feature? 

I downloaded an installed a WI-FI/bluetooth update driver from this page but it hasn't changed anything:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/servicetag/71RK842/drivers

Dell Wireless 1550 Wi-Fi + BT Driver Dell Wireless 1550 Wi-Fi + BT Driver

X51-R2_Network_Driver_HHHDK_WN_12.0.0.8070_A00.EXE | Update Package for Microsoft® Windows® (189 MB)

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

May 6th, 2015 14:00

Make sure the Bluetooth driver shows in device manager under "Network Adapters". If it does, then you should have the settings for it. Please click here to view an article from Microsoft about problems with Windows not finding the Bluetooth settings. Please follow the procedures on the article and let me know how it goes. 

No Events found!