Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 29th, 2011 14:00

why does nobody

at dell customer service have a clue on what goes on.

here is my story ;  i orderec an alienware computer on december 7, it was the aurora r3, nothing fancy, just all the stock chosen options. this computer arrived on december 21. i was happy. as soon as i turned on the computer, there was nothing but problems. it did not boot properly and i was not able to complete the first setup stages of intial turnon. after spending a total of 4 hours on the phone with a very helpful customer support agent, we declared this system was faulty and i should get another. he even went out of his way and even ordered another and all i had to do was call and cancel/ship back this computer that did not work.no worries, i was once again happy.  on december 23, i decided to call dell customer service once again to see the status of this new alienware computer. after talking to cancelations, he passes me through to his supervisor. the supervisor then inturn tells me that the computer that was ordered by the tech support agent was ready to be shipped, but they thought it was best to just ship me a replacement computer and cancel the r3 that was ready to be shipped he procedes to confirm with the returns agent that i will be credited $150 off my bill, 1 year warrenty added and it will be 7-10 business days before i get my new (replacement) r3. he also tells me that he will call me on wednesday to follow up on this situation. big surprise, no phone call from him. i decide to call yesturday to find out what is happening with this computer. i have been told on this day that the computer is ready to be shipped and they are waiting for a tracking number from purolator, but i should have it by early next week. getting kinda mad now as i have my first payment due by mid january and should not have to pay for a computer that i may only have 2 weeks of usage on, if i am lucky.   i decided to call today to clarify some things with dell, and was told today that the computer is in final stages of production (which means they are doing hardware tests, to make sure everything works properly, maybe they should have done this with the first computer) and i should be recieving it on or before jan 16th.

now this is totally not acceptable, why does it take so long to ship a replacement out...... 7-10 days, i am not believeing this.  i am getting frustrated every time i pick up the phone and call these people.   i want some answers now, i should not have to wait longer then it origianlly took to build my computer for a replacement.  i am really really thinking about canceling this order in the next day or 2 unless i get some real answers,

431 Posts

December 29th, 2011 17:00

I agree with bigdog. That is just a sample of what is to come if you have issues down the road...

322 Posts

December 29th, 2011 17:00

The way Dell has been with customers this past year or more the best thing you can do is cancal it and run as fast as you can.

No Events found!