Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 11th, 2015 06:00

x51 will not boot up

Hello,

I have had an x51 pc for a few years now and recently updated it to windows 10, once I updated I had troubles shutting down, so I checked for any updates on dells website and it had an available BIOS update, after installing the new BIOS (version A14) the pc will no longer boot, it is stuck on the initial loading screen (with the alienware logo in the middle of the screen, a loading bar at the bottom saying Alienware X51 BIOS version A14, and F2 setup F12 Boot options in bottom right) I have ran the ePSA diagnostic and was given 0 errors, and I am trying to boot from the windows 7 installation disc to try and reset everything but it will not even boot from the disc.

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

Jamie.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

August 11th, 2015 10:00

Hello,

Check in the Bios (to access the Bios tap the F2 button during boot), under the Boot section, look for an option called Boot Mode and make sure its on UEFI. Also, make sure the secure boot option is disabled, save the changes and restart the system. Let us know how it goes.

2 Posts

August 11th, 2015 15:00

Thank you very much,

I did exactly what you said, but it didn't seem to recognise my disc, but when I set it back to boot from hard drive it booted up fine.

I am now going to restore back to windows 7 for now, and hopefully in a future update windows 10 will hopefully work smoother.

Thanks again,

Jamie.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

August 12th, 2015 12:00

You're very welcome and thank you for confirming this. Let us know if you require further assistance. 

No Events found!