Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 13th, 2017 05:00

AW 17 r4 - AlienFX lights error

Hi everyone, i'm writing about my new AW 17 r4. I have an issue with the side light of the laptop: the light number 9 (the stripe on the left side) is always on, even if i shut down the alienFX light.

And it's so strange, because it's always on and it's BLUE. if i try to change the color, the blue leds are still on, and it's mixing with the color i choose!

i mean: it's always blue, if i select the blue color of alienFX everything is fine. If i select, for example, green, the resulting light is light blue (blue + green = light blue). If i select yellow, the result is white (blue + yellow = white), if i select red the result is a sort of pink (blue + red = pink).

I tried to reinstall Alienware Control Center but no result. It's clearly a software problem.

I've attached 3 example pictures: 2 with green and red alienFX color selected, and one with AlienFX "off" (the blue stripe is still on and i cannot turn it of, no way).

How should i try to fix it? thank you

4 Posts

March 13th, 2017 10:00

Infos for other users:

I solved the problem. I knew it was a simple "software problem". I disabled the "quick start" of win10, shut down the pc few times (no restart), and everything was fine again.

1 Message

June 4th, 2017 10:00

I have the same issue on my AW15R3 however disabling the windows quick boot option did not resolve the problem.  

was there anything else that you might of done that fixed this issue? 

2 Posts

September 27th, 2017 11:00

I have exactly the same problem. Reinstalling command center and distabling fast boot didn't help. What should I do?;/

No Events found!