Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 16th, 2012 11:00

Abandoned by customer service for the second time in a few weeks

Hi there,

A few weeks ago, I posted here after being ignored by the Alienware customer service team and the management team for almost two months. Eventually, someone did respond, I was told my emails were "misrouted", I was refunded for my purchase, and I decided to repurchase the same system. Surely I couldn't get another defective one.

Well, it seems I have, and after contacting customer support earlier this week, I was asked to send in pictures of the issue (the base is essentially coming apart on one side). I did so, got a voicemail the next day that the pictures hadn't come through, and so I made them smaller and resent.

That was two days ago, and the customer service rep who is dealing with my case won't respond or confirm - no phone call, no response to my emails checking if they've gotten the pictures, etc.

Since then, I've also tried contacting through https://twitter.com/DellCares, and no-one has responded to my questions.

After having no issues with Dell for years, I'm absolutely amazing at the complete failure here - both the machines and the fact nobdy will actually take ownership through your customer service channels.

Would love to know who to talk to at this stage, given the claiming of misrouting emails and the lack of any response.

It's all a bit pathetic, to be honest.

148 Posts

November 16th, 2012 12:00

Did you try:

AWCC-Resolution_Experts@Dell.com

13 Posts

November 16th, 2012 16:00

Thanks - however, that email was only for US/Canada customers with issues with hinges on the M11x?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

November 16th, 2012 17:00

ivanheneghan,

Nope. That is the general Alienware email for USA and Canada. Originally it was setup for the hinge issue but now it is expanded.

13 Posts

November 16th, 2012 18:00

Ah - thanks anyway, but I'm in Europe. Ireland, specifically.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

November 17th, 2012 04:00

These will work for your region.

Email = alienware_1@dell.com

Phone = 0800 2799751, Option 3

13 Posts

November 17th, 2012 08:00

Thanks for this, Chris.

The alienware_1@dell.com email address was the one I was given with my last issue, which was then ignored for almost two months, despite many follow-ups.

I'll try the number, but since I haven't received any reply to my emails (even though I was asked to send photos in), and I haven't had a reply to my tweet, Dell really are showing themselves to be a failure in this.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

November 18th, 2012 16:00

Try this one - EMEA_SMaC_SOS_Team@Dell.com

13 Posts

November 19th, 2012 15:00

Thanks for this, Chris. I'll give it a go.

13 Posts

November 20th, 2012 09:00

Hi Chris,

At this stage, I'm pretty shocked.

- Firstly, the engineer was given the wrong part. He needs to get the correct part before he can attempt repairs

- Secondly, when opening the machine to check the issue, he found that two screws are actually MISSING from where the machine was assembled. He said he'll check the machine to see if there's any other screws missing, but is concerned that, with the screws missing, the chassis has become warped and might not be fixed with the new part.

I'm reaching out to the customer support team on this, but I'm shocked that I would be provided a machine with parts missing, and I'm really concerned that the fault might be permanent due to the missing screws.

This is pathetic, to be frank - a complete failure by Dell across the board.

No Events found!