Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

February 20th, 2017 16:00

Aurora R5 VRM/MOSFET Heatsink Missing In Non-K CPU Motherboard

Ok so here's my question, I would like for someone from Dell to read this post and provide me with some direction as to how I can obtain a MOSFET/VRM heatsink from Dell that's made for my Aurora R5 motherboard? Yes I know there are other heatsinks that I can buy but I'm not satisfied with the "Do It Yourself" attitude I'm getting from Alienware. I've had my Aurora R5 since November of 2016 with no help or support from Dell or Alienware.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

February 21st, 2017 12:00

Hi,

Check this:

http://dell.to/2lJgvUh

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

February 21st, 2017 13:00

For Aurora-R5 (and possibly Aurora-R6) machines that shipped without "K-class" Intel-i7 processors installed...

I think what Aurora owners want is a DPN for the original Pegatron-OEM VRM silver-metal HeatSink. Also, include the Thermal Pad (if it requires one) and the screws.

It appears that both versions of the motherboard have the nut-hole keepers pre-installed, so no problem there. They just want to update their motherboards to be like the heavier-duty ones. I'm sure that most will be willing to pay a fair-price for the part and do the work themselves.

11 Posts

February 21st, 2017 14:00

Yes I did look at that those prior posts and I'm not satisfied with doing that to my computer if there's a part already made for the task, plus this approach will put my computer at risk of being damaged if one of the Heatsinks fail to stay adheased to one of the MOSFETs while the computer is running. After calling tech support and sales none of them even know what I'm talking about, I'm left with no choice but to return the computer for lack of help or suppot from Dell or Alienware which is to bad for being my first purchase with you guys...

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

February 23rd, 2017 09:00

Ok, manage to get our part number J46J2, you can call sales to see if they sell it as an spare part. 

Dell sales: 866 287 6727 opt#3 

4 Operator

• 

2.3K Posts

February 23rd, 2017 10:00

Just an FYI, if you are past 30 days from invoice you won't be able to return the computer.  You can order the part Eimy stated and see if that helps.

No Events found!