Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 12th, 2017 14:00

alienware 15 r3 keyboard problem

Hello. Two days ago keyboard started to make problems. When I press key "e" or "u" is appeared "ue" not just what I want. Same it happens when I press "y" or "j" appeared "jy". I've already reinstalled win because i think is driver problem. I try ubuntu live and problems remain.

Thanks! And sorry for my english.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

March 13th, 2017 16:00

Hi,

Try with an external USB keyboard to see if the same happens, this way we can see if it is related to software or hardware. 

Let me know!

3 Posts

March 14th, 2017 10:00

Hi, with other keyboard it's everything ok.

3 Posts

March 15th, 2017 11:00

It is possible to damage the laptop keyboard?

5 Posts

July 6th, 2017 17:00

I'm also having this problem. How did you go with it?

1 Message

August 10th, 2017 17:00

Mine'sd been sdoing the sdame thing sdince I purchasdesd it lasdt year (leaving in the extra lettersd, too much time to correct). Obviousdly sdoesd thisd with the s and d, but createsd a [ when I backsdpace. External USB keyboarsd worksd completely fine. Apparently the sdelete key prosducesd a ;

Anyone able to help?

5 Posts

August 11th, 2017 18:00

I ended up just getting a refund and going elsewhere.

1 Message

October 11th, 2017 16:00

I had same issue Purchased in March delivered in April problem began almost instantly with 4 or 5 keys not working at all including the L key making it impossible to get onto the Dell website. Went on line typed my problem and saw a lot of other people with the same issue. Got keyboard replaced September and 2-3 weeks later problem came back. To be fair when I asked for a full refund it was immediately given the ok. My main point is WHY is a keyboard a problem for a laptop, laptops have been around for decades.

No Events found!