Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

April 10th, 2018 08:00

17 R4, (2016) inferior left side led strip brightness problem

HI,

since 2/3 days an unusual problem appeared on my alienware 17 r4.

on alien FX the led strip number is the #9 fyi.

The problem is located on the left inferior side led strip ( the one at the left of the keyboard not the one on the monitor),

The problem basically is in the brightness of that led strip  : it's lower than the others. 

When i right click on the alien Fx head and i switch the brigthness of the leds everything change but the "corrupted" led is still lower comparing to the others, the brightness change but the maxium brightness of that led equals the minimum brightness of the others so there is a "gap" between this led and the other 3.

even the keyboard and the touchpad leds are more brighter than that mentioned left side led stip.

I tried to update bios but nothing.

I tried to change colours through Alien Fx but nothing the problem is still there. the led responds to colour changes but it seems that the maximum brightness value of that strip is corrupted and causes a gap of brightness comparing to his "twin" located on the monitor.

I don't know how to fix this annoying problem

Please help me 

Thanks

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

April 11th, 2018 10:00

Hi @blade86,

Run the AlienFx tester on this article and if the same thing happens, you'll need to uninstall and reinstall the Command Center following ALL the steps on the article. 

If the issues persists after this, let me know!

4 Posts

April 12th, 2018 06:00

Hi @Alienware-Eimy

thank you very much fot the answer and for the useful information.

I tried what you proposed first using Alien FX tester then disinstalling and reinstalling the alienware command center following the guide but unfortunately the problem still exists... ;( ;(

2 Posts

April 12th, 2018 19:00

This is so weird, I have the exact same problem on the same LED strip, left side of keyboard, and it only happened recently. It seems like the back portion of the strip is dimmer than the front portion.

4 Posts

April 13th, 2018 03:00

ouch, maybe all of this is due a corrupted scheduled update then ?! it happened recently to me as well with no reasons 

@Droud Have you tried the instructions proposed by @Alienware-Eimy ? 

2 Posts

April 13th, 2018 04:00

Yeah, I tried running the tester but all it did was change the colors of the LEDs. I have a feeling it has something to do with heat damage to the LEDs, since the dim spot is near the fan in the back. It probably just has to be replaced.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

April 13th, 2018 14:00

Hi @blade86@Droud,

Please send me PM with the service tags so I can review your cases. 

5 Posts

May 2nd, 2018 20:00

Hi
Even i facing this issue for my alienware 15r3

2 Posts

August 4th, 2019 09:00

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

August 5th, 2019 15:00

Hi @Mau1989

Send me a private message (by clicking on my Alienware name) with the Alienware PC Service Tag number, a detailed explanation of the issue and the troubleshooting steps you have tried so far, so I can review your case.

23 Posts

August 6th, 2019 09:00

Allow me to give everyone this advice, carry out this procedure:

Uninstall the following software:

Alienware Command Center Suite

Alienware OC Control

To be sure that every folder and directory has been removed and cleaned, run a scan with CCleaner.

Subsequently download the previous version to the one installed which is supposed to have problems, the previous versions can be found on the download page of your support.
Install the newly downloaded version, reboot and try and see if the problem has been solved.

May 4th, 2020 07:00

Hello,

I have the same problem. But the right keyboard side is dimmer than the others. Any idea why or how I can fix it.

Thanks

No Events found!