Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 22nd, 2018 07:00

15 R3, Alienware sound center help

Hi  I have Alienware 15 R3. I have reinstalled the clean Windows because I have a Windows 10 pro x64; I have reinstalled all the drivers but I couldn't find the mixer for the sound card. I think the name is Alienware sound center.  Can someone please help me with a link?

thank you 

12 Posts

August 9th, 2018 02:00

Making myself clear.

1. I own an Alienware 15 R3, with the latest BIOS.

2. I mentioned what I have faced as a reply to MK-4 who started this topic.

3. I have no idea if R3-R4 have the same sound card and need the same driver. 

1 Message

February 25th, 2019 03:00

@MK-4 wrote:

ok i find the solution ..... 

download "Realtek ALC3266 Audio Driver", extract the files in to a folder and go to Nahimic folder open it and there it is AWSoundCenter.exe .

Bringing this to the notice of whoever is reading this, the solution only works with Alienware 15 R3. So if you own the same model and you're facing the same issue and you're confused, follow the steps:-

1. Download and SAVE the Realtek ALC3266 Audio Driver setup from this link
  2. Click the setup and Install the driver. (Note: If you have a newer driver version already installed, the installation wizard will prompt you saying that you're installing an older version. Just go ahead with the installation because only this version is compatible with Alienware Sound Center currently on Alienware 15 R3. Any newer version will give you problems. You'll be asked to restart your laptop twice, first for uninstalling the newer version and the second time for installing this version)
  3. Once you're done with the installation, now you need to again click the driver setup and select Extract to extract the files into a folder.
  4. Open that folder and look for RealtekHDAudio\Nahimic\AWSoundCenter.exe. Through this file, install the Sound Center application and restart your PC.

You'll now be able to use the Alienware Sound Center application.

1 Message

May 1st, 2021 00:00

don`t work for me I can`t use my headset aw988

Sartoreto90_0-1619854882409.png

No Events found!