Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 18th, 2018 15:00

SOLUTION FOR SUPPORTASSIST

Firstly I apologize my English really bad I find a solution today for the support here I explain you the best possible follow each step by step and with a little luck it will work for you too.

1:  Uninstalled SupportAssist With Ccleaner ( or program for clean the application and the registrer ) .

2: Go to https://www.dell.com/community/SupportAssist/SupportAssist-Not-Working-Will-Not-Update-Tried-Uninstalling/td-p/5082575/page/2.

3: Clik on the like from the moderator it will automatically install web support assist wait about 2-3 minutes and you will see the application will open automatic WAIT the problem not solved if you close it or restarted your computer next time you open it will have this image : dell.PNG

4: Ok it's really easy just clik on Setting icon right of profile and select the middle option BUT you cant raid anything , its confuse , broken , its dark  but you can clik , after the icon of language setting gonna open , just switch for any other language , me i switched english for french and my support assit now working . 

Good luck for everybody and Good luck for the solution , PS : Seriously dell you go lose customers if it continues several problem with no reliable solution when in no case the problem comes from the computer I am very good at computer and the only thing I can tell you, its not professional. I have several problems with the graphics with my alienware 17 R4 drop fps freeze I managed  everything alone but I pay 3 years warranty and I realize that your service is one of the bad that I saw

June 24th, 2018 08:00

==========================================================================

In the folder

C:\Program Files\Dell\SupportAssistAgent\bin\Resources\

rename

New-Dell-Logo-White-Small.png

to 

New-Dell-Logo-White.png

(just remove the -Small from the end of the file name)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS WORKS!!

December 10th, 2018 16:00

Tried so many diff methods, while some worked to uninstall the stubborn SupportAssist, I was unable to install it again.  

But I did find the following that worked beautifully to remove and also to install the SupportAssist Program.  

Get the Revo Uninstaller Pro - https://www.revouninstaller.com/  (use the Trial Version, it's all you need).

First, use the Revo to uninstall the SupportAssist.  Start the Revo Uninstaller, then select SupportAssist from the list to uninstall.  Follow the direction to remove all traces of SupportAssist in Registry (they pre backup the Registry, incase something goes wrong).  Then follow the direction to remove all files related to SupportAssist.  (There are some files that cannot be removed until you restart).  

Now, restart the computer.

Download the SupportAssist from Dell website (I had the supportassistinstaller.exe, not supportassistlauncher.exe).  

If I did not use the Revo Uninstaller to install the SupportAssist, the SupportAssist would not work.  

33 Posts

June 18th, 2018 21:00

My best advice is just to uninstall Support Assist.  I got tired of needing to uninstall and reinstall every time it did not initiate properly (just hung).  Also, I honestly have never got much use out of it anyway.

2 Posts

July 23rd, 2018 10:00

No it doesn't. That file is already called New-Dell-Logo-White.png.

No Events found!