Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 15th, 2019 12:00

15 R2, AW510H headset, cannot install Alienware sound center

Hello 

I recently bought AW510H headset, but i have a problem, in order to enable 7.1 surround i need to use AWCC , this software install automatically without issues, but addon sound center (which is needed to enable surround) cannot be downloaded from microsoft store (error : 0x803F8001) 

So could you please confirm if this is intended (old 15R2 is not supported ;( ) or it is some kind of bug ? 
In case that this is bug, is there someone who found solution how to fix this ? 

headset is very nice and comfy and i really dont want to return it, so i hope that it is possible to unlock full potential on 15 R2.

with regards 

janyf 

3 Posts

October 15th, 2019 15:00

Issue solved 

you need to install awcc from microsoft store, not from dell website , so for 15R2 simply follow instructions for non dell computers 

If you install awcc from microsoft store, it will work , soundcenter is then in fusion under power management 

It took my only 5 hours to figure it out  

brgds 

janyf

3 Posts

October 15th, 2019 13:00

If i try to install soundcenter from realtek driver , i will get an error : 

Installation could not proceed: this machine is not compatible with our audio software 

Which make sense as R2 revision has soundblaster , not realtek card ... 

but there is no mention anywhere that this headset is compatible only with newer alienware laptops ... , 
i will try them on HP notebook and i will see what will happen. 

so thanks for answer but it was not a correct one ... 

No Events found!