Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

August 1st, 2018 18:00

15 R4, mobile connect, Microsoft store, download

I have an Alienware 15 R4. I had to do a clean install and now need to download the alienware mobile connect software. I have installed the drivers from dell but the software is only available from microsoft store. When I go there it says the alienware mobile connect software isn't compatible with my device and won't let me download it even though my computer came loaded with it from the factory.

How can I get this software???

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

August 3rd, 2018 11:00

Hi @MotorDonkey,

1. Install Alienware Mobile Connect from Window store from here https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9PMXQ13Q3LGP

2. Install the latest Mobile Connect Driver from DELL.

3. Locate the exe. file of the driver and RUN AS ADMIN. 

4. Launch Alienware Mobile Connect. Follow prompts...

August 13th, 2018 09:00

Still show not compatible, is there another solution?

61 Posts

August 13th, 2018 10:00

I haven't found a way to download it. I tell them the Windows store says incompatible and cannot download, and they tell me to download it from the Windows store. :Indifferent: LOL

4 Posts

January 7th, 2019 20:00

Same and it is 2019 now.

January 23rd, 2019 22:00

I tried this too.

I'm very disappointed with Alienware for talking about compatibility issue with my m15x R2. The system requirements and demands are not very high and yet I have to face this message. It just seems embarrassing.

Also, I honestly wish you had not put in on the microsoft app store. I would have preferred a direct download link.

I hope there is a fix to this soon.

January 23rd, 2019 23:00

Hi,

I got the solution for this. Its really simple.

1. Visit https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/alienware-mobile-connect/9pmxq13q3lgp?activetab=pivot:overviewtab
  2. Click on 'get' and the Microsoft store should open.
  3. Click on the 3 dot icon nd click on 'Install on my device'.
  4. Wait for a minute, you should see your Alienware details. Select your device and click 'Install'.

Hope this helps.

Vivek Alienware.PNG

February 11th, 2019 14:00

Still does not work for me i try to install it on my Aurora R7 it just asks me for a redemtioncode which i do not have and was never given

2 Posts

February 14th, 2019 20:00

I'm from Brazil. After formatting my Inspiron 7472, I can no longer download Dell Mobile Connect. The support me list of drivers to reinstall, but also did not solve. I tried everything, and it keeps showing up "This app is not compatible with the device" "Este app não é compatível com o dispositivo"

2 Posts

February 14th, 2019 20:00

I found a solution!

After installing the latest driver (1.3 A00), follow these steps:
Microsoft Store > Download and updates > Ready to install > Search for Dell Mobile Connect > Click on Install

PS: The app will appear in "Ready to install" if you have already installed it at some other time.

The Install button could not be clicked on the app page, but it was possible in this "Ready for install" list.

Inkeddell_LI.jpg

July 6th, 2019 05:00

Over one year ago I purchased this fantastic Alienware 15 R3 and it came with a regular HDD so I decided to buy an SSD and install it myself and everything was perfectly fine except for this one issue, Microsoft Store doesn't allow me to install Alienware Mobile Connect as the app is "incompatible with my unit". I alerted Alienware support on Twitter and went through all the hoops with Dell Support and in the end it wasn't possible to resolve this issue so eventually I decided to go back to my original HDD and use that despite the terrible slowdown in using it. This summer I had some free time and I decided to try to fix this issue again and after about one week of trying everything you recommended me to do here and sadly none of the suggested solutions here work for me. For some odd reason Alienware Mobile Connect does not appear on the list of "downloads and updates" so the proposed solution will not work for me either. The reason why it doesn't appear is unclear as I did updated my Alienware Mobile Connect app recently on the HDD with the original installation. So apparently Alienware and Dell have had a very long time (over 1 year) to remove this blocking feature in the Microsoft Store and they are fully aware of this issue. Sad but this time I will stick to my SSD and just try to live without Alienware Mobile Connect.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

July 8th, 2019 11:00

Hi @StockholmNative

Here is information you may find helpful:  How to install Dell Mobile Connect app on any Windows 10 device

Dell Mobile Connect Driver

If you still require assistance and the system is under warranty, you may contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team at 866 287 6727 opt#4 to get a quote for a paid service request. 

July 9th, 2019 01:00

Thanx. I tried it and once again I have to accept defeat it will not work and frankly as a new Alienware owner I should not have to go run this gauntlet. Why doesn't Dell simply remove the installation block from the Microsoft Store since my unit is obviously compatible with the Alienware Mobile Connect app despite Microsoft Store telling me that it's not? Is this block part of a contractual deal between Dell, Alienware, and Screenovate? I can live without this app but frankly speaking this has been a very frustrating and obnoxious product experience for me.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

July 9th, 2019 12:00

Check this:

Microsoft Store Application Download Fails After Operating System Reinstall

Microsoft Store Applications

After an Operating System Re-Install, if your attempt to download an application from the Microsoft store, which was originally on the system, was unsuccessful with the following message: “This app is not compatible with this device”.

An Operating System (OS) failure which requires a Re-Install of the OS can result in missing information from the Registry. That information is required in order to download an application from the Microsoft Store.

This scenario only impacts the Microsoft Store for those cases where an Univeral Windows Program (UWP) application has exclusivity. Exclusivity exists in those cases where an unique identifier is required before an application can be downloaded from the Microsoft Store. This is to ensure that only certain platforms can download the application.

Registry Edit

Note: The following solution is for advanced users, before following these steps. You may want to set a Windows Restore Point: Perform a System Restore in Windows 10

Creating and inserting two entries in the Registry will provide the required data for the application to be downloaded from the Microsoft Store. These two entries will be created after running the script listed below:

Batch File (Script):

Copy and paste the following Bold text from this article into the Notepad application on your system and save the file as Add_SCMID_RegEdit_for_DMC.bat on you local system.

@echo off
setlocal

echo:
echo Setting OEMID in RegEdit...
REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Store" /v OEMID /f /t REG_SZ /d DELL
echo:

echo Setting SCMID...
echo Fetching System Model Name
for /f "tokens=2 delims==" %%a in ('wmic computersystem get model /format:list') do set SYSMODEL=%%a
set SYSMODEL=%SYSMODEL:  =%
echo System Model Name is "%SYSMODEL%"

if not "x%SYSMODEL:Alienware=%" == "x%SYSMODEL%" goto modelAlienware
if not "x%SYSMODEL:Vostro=%" == "x%SYSMODEL%" goto modelVostro
if not "x%SYSMODEL:XPS=%" == "x%SYSMODEL%" goto modelXPS
if not "x%SYSMODEL:Inspiron=%" == "x%SYSMODEL%" goto modelInspiron

:modelAlienware
echo System model contains the name Alienware
set SYSNAME=Alienware
goto modelFinish
:modelVostro
echo System model contains the name Vostro
set SYSNAME=Vostro
goto modelFinish
:modelXPS
echo System model contains the name Xps
set SYSNAME=Xps
goto modelFinish
:modelInspiron
echo System model contains the name Inspiron
set SYSNAME=Inspiron
goto modelFinish
:modelFinish
echo System Name is %SYSNAME%

set SCMID=DELL_%SYSNAME%
echo SCMID to be set is %SCMID%

echo Setting SCMID in RegEdit
REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Store" /v StoreContentModifier /f /t REG_SZ /d %SCMID%

1. Open the Add_SCMID_RegEdit_for_DMC.txt file in Notepad, Click on File and "Save As".
  2. Name the file: Add_SCMID_RegEdit_for_DMC.bat
  3. Select the Save as Type as: All Files
Double click the file you just created to run it. You will need to reboot for the changes to be applied.

Command Line:

Users can also populate these entries in a manual mode:

Run this command on your cmd prompt in administrator mode (The Command Prompt) :
C:\WINDOWS\system32>REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Store" /v OEMID /f /t REG_SZ /d DELL

C:\WINDOWS\system32>REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Store" /v StoreContentModifier /f /t REG_SZ /d "System_Name"

For StoreContentModifier ("System_Name") can be DELL_XPS or DELL_INSPIRON or DELL_ALIENWARE or DELL_VOSTRO

July 14th, 2019 10:00

The batch file actually worked for me on a G3, but the command line method didn't (do the quotations need to stay for system name? ).

Thanks for posting a solution that actually worked... now if only you could convince Dell to include the batch file with their driver packs we'd be all set. 

(Seriously though... kudos for posting a solution).

August 28th, 2019 06:00

thankyou a bunch

No Events found!