Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

13 Posts

February 26th, 2019 08:00

17 R2, AGA, help

I have an 17 R2 with the 980m GPU inside. I bought the AGA and a 980 video card card at the same time  An the only Nvidia card I can get to work is the 980. I have a 1050 ti, 1060 and a 2080 and I cant get none of those to work. I did get a AMD card to work  I ve searched everywhere.  I've tried notebook drivers, desktop. Tried with and without geforce experience  I've uninstalled with ddu. Anyone else have any suggestion?  

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

February 26th, 2019 09:00

Hi @rpbreaux,

What are the brands of all the VCs?

Try connecting a monitor to the AGA's video card. 

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

Only PNY and EVGA have been fully tested by Alienware Support. Other brands may encounter issues. Those are the ones we sell with the Amplifier.

13 Posts

The brands are Asus 1050ti, msi 1060 and a msi 2080.  the one card I can get to work is a pny 980. I had a monitor connected to all of them when trying. 

13 Posts

February 26th, 2019 10:00

Ok I'll try to return my 2080 and get one of those brands. 

13 Posts

February 26th, 2019 15:00

Ok I got a evga rtx2080 and still nothing. I have it plugged into a monitor  Its shows code 43 in device manager. 

13 Posts

February 27th, 2019 13:00

Does anyone have any other ideas?  This has been going on for months.  

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

February 28th, 2019 13:00

Does the system have the latest BIOS version?

13 Posts

February 28th, 2019 18:00

Yes I have the A10 bios update along with the updated graphics amplifier and alienware command center drivers. 

13 Posts

March 8th, 2019 13:00

Any other ideas that I can try?

I've tried uninstalling awcc and aga

Ddu all graphics drivers 

Reboot

Reinstalled drivers from nvidia website

Reinstalled both awcc and aga

And still have the same issue. 2080 shows up in device manager but still has the little error flag on it. 

13 Posts

March 11th, 2019 15:00

Ok so I went and also bought a founders edition rtx 2070 and nothing has changed. Only card I can get to work is my old 980 like its married to it or something. 

13 Posts

March 25th, 2019 07:00

@Alienware-Eimy  I also just bought a rtx 2080 founders edition so that makes 2 founders editons and 1 evga 2080 that I cant get to work  I did buy a radeon 580 and I was able to get that one to work easily just popped it in and it automatically downloaded driver and worked. So any idea on getting rtx cards to work?

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

March 26th, 2019 09:00

Please perform the following steps:

1. Turn off the system

2. Unplug the graphics amplifier from the computer and from the power

3. Reseat the video card

4. Reseat the video card power cables to ensure they are properly plugged

5. Turn on the system without plugging the graphics amplifier

6. Uninstall the NVIDIA Driver (Or AMD if applicable) from Programs and features

• Once uninstalled launch the Run command
    • Type %appdata%
    • Delete any NVIDIA folder left
    • Launch again the Run command
    • Type %programdata%
    • Open Windows Explorer and look for C:\Program Files
    • Also go to C:\Program Files (x86)
    • Type regedit
    • Look for the following folder HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation
    • Delete the entire NVIDIA Corporation folder by right clicking on it and select Delete
    • Repeat the steps also for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\NVIDIA Corporation

7. Uninstall the Alienware Command Center as per the article SLN303405 - How to Remove and Reinstall the Alienware Command Center

8. Uninstall the Alienware Graphics Amplifier Driver from Programs and Features

• Once uninstalled launch the Run command
    • Type %appdata%
    • Look for any Alienware folder and open it
    • Inside the Alienware folder, delete any remaining graphics amplifier folder.
    • Type %programdata%
    • Open Windows Explorer and look for C:\Program Files
    • Also go to C:\Program Files (x86)
    • Type regedit
    • Look for the following folder HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Alienware
    • Delete any graphics amplifier folder by right clicking on it and select Delete
    • Repeat the steps also for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Alienware
  9. Update the BIOS to the latest available on https://dell.to/2TBDRYu

10. Download and Install the latest NVIDIA or AMD from the manufacturer website. Is the laptop's video card driver the one that must be installed NOT the AGAs video card driver.

• If there is any issue with the manufacturer driver please try the driver from the support site.

11. Download and Install the Alienware Graphics Amplifier Software from https://dell.to/2TBDRYu

12. Download and Install the Alienware Command Center from https://dell.to/2TBDRYu

13. Shut down the system

14. Plug the Graphics Amplifier to the power and to the computer

15. Power on the system

16. If the system and the graphics amplifier's video cards are the same (NVIDIA) the driver will install automatically as it is the same driver we already installed for the system.

Please note that the screen may go on and off a few times during the process.

If you have a system with an NVIDIA card on your system and an AMD card on the Graphics Amplifier or back guards you will have to install the respective driver for the Graphics Amplifier card.

17. Check the that the VC is properly detected in Device Manager

Here you have a video on how to set up the graphics amplifier:

https://dell.to/2TAlbbN

13 Posts

March 31st, 2019 17:00

@Alienware-Eimy

Ok I did all steps as you stated above and when I finished all the steps I plugged in the amplifier with a founders edition rtx 2080 and it came back code 43 in device manager. So I restarted and same code 43. So I pulled the 2080 out and put in my 980 and in less than 2 mins it was up and running no problems. So do you have any other suggestions?

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

April 1st, 2019 16:00

Error code 43 is for video card. Looks like there is some kind of compatibility issue. 

No Events found!