Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

4 Posts

May 12th, 2019 05:00

17 R5, AWCC, AlienFX lights not working

Hi I bought this computer 10 days ago .I live in Turkey after ı formatted my Windows and load all last updates drivers for my computer but Alien Fx doesnt work.I get this warning No support Alien FX on Command Center and command center close immediatly.I tried many things ands Windows version.But I didnt fix it.Pls help me about this case. Thanks

23 Posts

May 12th, 2019 14:00

This is happening to all of us. There are no fixes that work. They will tell you over and over to uninstall and reinstall but don;'t bet on it working.

2 Posts

May 14th, 2019 15:00

The new command center is a heeping pile of **bleep**. They not only removed a number of fetures from the previous genreation of it they broke the ones they still have. This is what happens when a company like Dell tries to pretend it is Alienware without the talent that made Alienware a great name.

32 Posts

May 16th, 2019 10:00

Hey, I have the same issue with the Command Center, regards to FX lighting. 

I am using Alienware 17 R5.

I end up sending the laptop back to Dell cause there are some other software & hardware issues. (Like touchpad right click isn't working properly, right click on Desktop screen not functioning and some physical damage I caused on the laptop's lid.)

It was sent back about one and half week ago (Today is May 16th), and most of issues are solved.

However, I wasn't able to download Alienware Command Center and Dell Support Assist from Windows Store, and manual installation (download installation package from Dell directly, by passing Windows Store) only works for Support Assist.

I end up "reinstall" Alienware Command Center, and it was finally installed, with everything functioning.

The "reinstall" I mentioned is an option you can opt when manually download App and install it by yourself.

It seems the installation package will remove the previous version (or anything bugged out) and do a clean reinstall.

Not sure if Dell did something after I sent it back or this "reinstall" worked out and fixed the issue.

Hope this well help you.

Some additional info regards to my system:

Mine was per-zone lighting, not per-key lighting.

May 19th, 2019 07:00

Try contacting the shopping center!

4 Posts

May 20th, 2019 08:00

Shopping Center ??
No Events found!