7 Posts

June 12th, 2022 15:00

17 R5, crashing and sometimes black screen

1.jpg2.png3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

7 Technologist

• 

6.1K Posts

June 12th, 2022 19:00

Hi @SilverEclips welcome to this free user to user Alienware laptop discussion forum. This is not Dell Support. 

The Alienware 17 R5 laptop is now sufficiently old (2018) that the Dell warranty cannot be renewed. Warranty and Service Extension - Dell Community 

The OP did not include any POST (Power On Self Test) hardware Diagnostic alerts.

What does the Windows Battery Report say? How to generate a Battery Report in Windows 10 | Windows Central 

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

June 13th, 2022 00:00

Have you tried opening a command prompt and running chkdsk c:/f

Yes, to test on next start.

Restart and allow the test to complete.

Under "System Properties" have you tried to set your "Performance Option" to "Adjust for best performance" and increase your "Virtual Memory" above the recommend amount.

June 13th, 2022 08:00

thanks for the reply so i just did the chkdsk ill put a picture and did the chkdsk/f and restart i checked the virtual memory thing ill put pictured of it to 6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg

June 13th, 2022 08:00

thanks for the fast reply so the cooling and heating fans all have been replaced + thermal repaste 2 months ago and a new battery and new adapter a month ago i dit run the diagnostic test a few times but no alerts everything is fine and when the laptop crash all the lights breath a red light and keeps doing that untill i restart the laptop yesterday alone it crashed 3 times giving a red light over and over

7 Technologist

• 

6.1K Posts

June 13th, 2022 10:00

Hi @SilverEclips thank you for sharing the crash and red light issue. 

The system is unhappy about something and should be creating events, so that the root cause is revealed. Disconnect all peripheral connections except for the ac adapter. Visually inspect all ports for damage using a bright light. Please run the Windows Reliability Monitor to create timeline of events. How to use Windows Reliability Monitor to identify software issues | Dell US 

June 13th, 2022 11:00

hi so nothing looks out of place or broken and i did the reliability monitor but it shows the same as the pictures above everytime the laptop crashes  :  The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device ACPI\INT3400\2&daba3ff&0. 

7 Technologist

• 

6.1K Posts

June 13th, 2022 12:00

Hi @SilverEclips  thank you for confirming that Error 219 “driver WudfRd failed to load” continues to be a problem. Please have a look at Driver WudfRd Failed to Load – 5 Ways to Fix It in Windows 10 (partitionwizard.com).  

June 13th, 2022 12:00

hi so on step 2 there is no Windows Driver Foundation

Method 2: Enable Windows Driver Foundation Service

Windows Driver Foundation is an essential service for drives. If the service is disabled, you might receive “driver WudfRd failed to load” error. Just follow the steps below to enable it.

Step 1: Press Windows + R to open Run window. Input services.msc in the dialog and click OK.

Step 2: In the main interface of Services, find Windows Driver Foundation – User-mode Driver Framework service and double-click it to open its Properties window.

Step 3: Under General tab, set the Startup type to Automatic. Make sure the Service status is Running. If not, you need click Start button to enable the service. Then, click Apply and OK to save the changes.

7 Technologist

• 

6.1K Posts

June 14th, 2022 00:00

Hi @SilverEclips thank you for sharing that one of their five fixes is not valid for your Windows operating system. Dell only supports Windows 10, 64-bit on their Alienware 17 R5 laptop.

Has Windows 11 been installed?

Has the USB drivers been reinstalled? (Error 219 “driver WudfRd failed to load”) 

No Events found!