Highlighted
gelat
1 Copper

17 R5, no supported AlienFX devices were detected

WIn 10 64, May update. Alienware 17R5. Bios 1.7, AWCC 5.2.37

Uninstalled, reinstalled. Registry does show that it detects devices, and lights work - I just can't change them

80 Replies

Re: No supported AlienFX devices were detected

Hi @gelat

Uninstall and reinstall the AWCC in a proper way following ALL the steps in this article:

https://dell.to/2VRfrve

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
absentee
2 Bronze

That advice won't work, and they don't have any other advice. When it doesn't work they'll tell you to reinstall Windows and start from scratch, but that won't work either. They charge you for this feature, but it does not function and it is not supported. Eimy's job is to keep you hunting for an answer that doesn't exist.

gelat
1 Copper

Didnt work

0 Kudos

@gelat

Send me a private message with the Service Tag so I can assist you further.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos

Re: 17 R5, no supported AlienFX devices were detected

Same here!  It was working fine yesterday, then all of a sudden my lighting turned to blue and then nothing.  I have followed all directions given from Dell to correct to include uninstalling the AWCC and OC Controls...still nothing.  Then I restored my system prior to 05/24 Windows update and still nothing. 

I have the AWCC installed, but the FX button is dead and the AWCC will not do the components update as it kicks back an error for install. 

What is going on here!?  

0 Kudos

Re: 17 R5, no supported AlienFX devices were detected

I was also told that if the restore point did not work, then I will have to reset my laptop to original factory!??  Seriously?

0 Kudos

Was this ever resolved?

0 Kudos
absentee
2 Bronze

Doesn't sound like it. Never was fixed for me. I gave up. Now my audio is wrong too, and I'm positive it's because of the control center.

0 Kudos
proxyprox
1 Copper

FACTS. I've done a clean windows wipe,bios update,alienwarefx clean reinstall like 100x. nothing works its just faulty software that eventually gives out on every single alienware laptop that exists at somepoint. Some users just get luckier than others and it lasts a year or two and some people experience issues in a few weeks or months. Fact of the matter is they've done nothing to fix the alienwarefx issues in the last few years and this problem has persisted. I hope they get sued tbh. You don't pay 2grand for a laptop for it to not work.