Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 24th, 2019 12:00

17 R5, no supported AlienFX devices were detected

WIn 10 64, May update. Alienware 17R5. Bios 1.7, AWCC 5.2.37

Uninstalled, reinstalled. Registry does show that it detects devices, and lights work - I just can't change them

1 Message

September 17th, 2019 04:00

I cant connect my livingroom's thermostats. How to connect?

September 19th, 2019 05:00

When you said you installed AWCC from the Dell site... Is AWCC named something other than AWCC on Dell's site? I could only find support drivers, and not the actual application itself.

September 19th, 2019 11:00

Hello all,

Even i'm experiencing this alienFX devices not detected issue, but i see that most of the people mentioned that their lights are working but were not changing. But in my case the lights went totally dark and none of the alienFX lighting system is working.

Is it only me or anyone else's had the same issue.

15 Posts

September 19th, 2019 11:00

In my laptop, the keyboard lights are on as the trackpad and alien logos. But set as pale blue. Can’t change. The rainbow light effect on keyboard also occurs when booting bios.

September 19th, 2019 13:00

I have the same issue. No LED lights what so ever. Completely dark.

Currently working with Dell support. I don't have much faith that it will get fixed. I just want Dell to authorize me sending the unit back for repair.

September 21st, 2019 08:00

what bio's are you running. I tried all these steps and still no lights. it seems if you  go to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Alienware\System\AFXCapableDevices the dill files have no value and my system folder is missing the FX dills needed to run the lights. I know its not the hardware because the lights worked fine before resetting back to factory windows. would be nice if they just gave us a disk with the factory install and drivers like Asuse and other company's do then we wouldn't have to mess with this for months.

I have even used Revo to completely remove the command center and reinstalled it 100's of times. plus all the steps you did.

September 21st, 2019 08:00

Alienware-Eimy,

we have done those steps 100's of times it isn't just about reinstalling over and over. and you shouldn't have to reinstall the command center 100's of times to get it to work you should provide the Dill files needed to run the FX so we can simply install those and have this working. that's what most peoples issues is after reinstalling windows you loose the dill files in the system folder and with out those the lights won't work and it won't see the device.

15 Posts

September 21st, 2019 10:00

Just installed the set 17 release of the AWCC. Didn’t change a thing in the no supported alienfx issue.

13 Posts

September 21st, 2019 16:00

Hey, I don't quite understand this. Could you give a detailed instruction on what you did, rather than a story explanation? Sorry if the way I worded this sounds rude. I'm not trying to be at all, but I can't find a better way to ask this. I've been having a lot of issues lately with the Command Center and lights and this seems like a promising solution, but I can't get a strong understanding of what it is you are saying you did

September 22nd, 2019 00:00

mine too, dark. tried all the steps in these posts still dark, but worked fine before reinstalling windows, I noticed the Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Alienware\OC Controls is missing the system folder and .02 folder that contains the FX drivers. but I haven't found a way to get those files. 

the way I found this is I used my wife's 17 R5 bought same configuration as mine same time hers the lights work and has those files mine don't work and are missing them.

September 22nd, 2019 00:00

talked to dell all they say is try a older version or reinstall the newer one for the 150th time. tried both those options too.  Still dark. don't even light on boot, I'm at a loss

15 Posts

September 23rd, 2019 17:00

Dell programers seems to be lost too. This is an old problem (just search in other forums), that is anoying costumers for a while. In months, no definitive solution. Don’t think that they (Dell) will ever solve this problem. Looks like they are waiting for a costumer solution, lile the ones posted here in previous pages.

13 Posts

September 23rd, 2019 18:00

I can't find any EnableLUA setting in the registry for my computer

13 Posts

September 23rd, 2019 18:00

Ay, you should copy those files and send them here for us

13 Posts

September 24th, 2019 10:00

If you can send the files from the OC Controls on the other computer I can try adding it to mine and see if that fixes it for me as well. You should also be able to do that with your own computer as well

No Events found!