Start a Conversation

Unsolved

B

4 Posts

February 17th, 2020 18:00

17R4, wrong motherboard configuration replacement

Last month I had a video problem and after talking with the support they decided to schedule a motherboard replacement. The day they did the procedure, the technician started it up, but never rebooted. When I tried to turn it on a system error message appeared "The instruction at 0x00007FF725FB00B8 referenced memory at 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFF. The memory could not be read. Click OK to terminate the program." - I send a message to the technician and he told me to talk with the support again. The computer started turning off by itself, and I could not turn it on again anymore. And the motherboard configuration was inferior to the one I had installed before. They changed it on January 8th. Since then My notebook do not turn it on anymore. I contacted the support one more time, and they told me that the new motherboard had to be imported so it would be here on February 26th, but after weeks of silence, they called me asking for or changing the device or money back. The configuration they gave me is way different from mine. They told me that it is the only one they have available, but on their page, they have a similar model. Of course, the processor and the video specs are different, but things that I specifically choose are not there: 32GB memory (they are offering me 16GB), my screen is UHD (they offering me a Full HD), They only agreed to change the operating system from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro which is the one I bought. I don't want my money back, I want a working computer with the optional I choose, at least. Not a downgrade with and that's the only thing we can give you? What's going on with this customer service. Is there anything you could do to help me? When I had a battery problem was the same thing, they didn't want to do anything, they only did after saying that the US support authorized the replacement. Is there anything you could do? It is really frustrating to see a similar model of mine on their page and they telling me they don't have it. Please help me, I just want what the warranty says... not some inferior configuration pushed down my throat. 

9 Legend

• 

12.2K Posts

February 17th, 2020 18:00

At this point it may be best for you to repost this in the Customer Care forum here. This is a technical forum and it sounds like your problem is best dealt with by the sales dept. and the moderators at CC.

No Events found!