Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

2 Posts

May 29th, 2020 06:00

m15 R1, four services, overheating and crashing, is there an end?

3 Replacements and still awesome crashes from Alienware M15, Overheating, BSOD, System freeze

Been using my Alienware M15 since last May. Consistently overheating and crashing. After comical interactions with support engineers who keep asking you to run eSA, Diagnostics, screen shots and wild guesses about game incompatibilities, always ends with a support engineer visiting me.

First time they replaced the heatsink. Ran for a few weeks and started misbehaving. Another set of jocular email with support, who again demanded eSA, diagnostics, screen shots, this time the SSD was replaced.

Another whimpering week, the system bombed out. TLDR; (you know the script by now; pun intended), the motherboard was replaced, not once...but twice

Other than the battery, screen and RAM, I haven't got any original parts left. This week it crashed again and I am going through the support engineer saga (who quoted that Call of Duty was not compatible!)

This is an expensive laptop (About SGD $4500). Has anyone else's laptop been cursed this much? I can't even donate this to anyone.

Seriously, what is the fix for this?

1 Message

January 3rd, 2023 07:00

Hi I'm afraid I may be dealing with the same issue. Been going back and forth with Dell support for weeks now and feel I'm getting nowhere. We use a rendering software called Lumion and we can't figure out why it's crashing. I feel that it is an overheating issue but we can't seem to diagnose it exactly. I was recently able to recreate the problem with Call of Duty as well ha.  I've noticed that if I elevate the computer it cools much better. I just don't think this machine cools properly but that just a hunch as I don't know enough to diagnose. Did you find any resolution here? Dell is not wanting to replace this machine.

6 Professor

• 

6.1K Posts

January 3rd, 2023 08:00

Hi @DkDileep welcome to this free user-to-user Alienware laptop discussion forum. 

After three attempts to fix same problem it is Dell policy to replace laptop. 

Click on @DELL-Cares and send Private Message requesting assistance. 

No Events found!