Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

2 Posts

August 7th, 2021 15:00

AWCC Game Library suggestion

I feel like a great feature to add would be having access to customizing the game information (developer, genre, release date) so that for games the command center doesn't recognize, we can fill it out ourselves. At least for me, seeing all the "unknown" bothers me so it'd be nice to be able to fill in the blanks. Also being able to rename the games in your library without renaming the files themselves, since steam tends to break when you rename game files.

6 Professor

• 

6.1K Posts

August 7th, 2021 16:00

Hi @Chibesky  my laptop's AWCC Library already has this manual capture option, so yours should also have this select automatic or manual search for game information. I also created shortcuts of the game executable file, so its location can be pasted (dropped) into the library panel. A willingness to play with configurable options finds what can or cannot be undertaken. 

2 Posts

August 7th, 2021 23:00

I have no clue how. I know how to add games to the library, the issue is when AWCC doesn't automatically fill in the information. 1) AWCC doesn't detect anything off my secondary drive so the automatic search is useless, 2) Even when I add a game manually, I can't change the developer information, genre, or anything like that. The only option I have is to change the image. It also doesn't let me just drag and drop a shortcut in. I have everything up to date as well so I don't know why ours would be behaving differently. Unless I'm missing something that's right in front of my face (which is very possible).

5 Practitioner

• 

3K Posts

August 8th, 2021 23:00

I’m going to send this to brad L to see if they can do something about it. Btw you seem like a creative person based on this post and I hope you’re experience with Alienware is great!

8 Posts

April 21st, 2022 10:00

You have the option of creating a symlink to the game exe file and adding that if you want to rename the game. Everything else is set in stone as AWCC limitation.

1 Message

April 22nd, 2022 05:00

My big suggestion would be to have it function as advertised in the first place.

No Events found!