Start a Conversation

Unsolved

F

16 Posts

January 4th, 2020 23:00

15 R2, "Plugged In" charge % not increasing

Facing a strange problem since today morning.

The battery charge on my Alienware 15 R2 laptop is constantly at 8% and it is not increase when connected to power socket.

The message i get above the battery symbol is "8%  available (Plugged In)"

When i try to unplug and plug it back its starts charging for a few seconds , says " to full charging", then it again reverts to the  "8%  available (Plugged In)". The charge does not decrease when plugged in however.

Tried testing the battery and mother board in dell support assist, it says it is fine.

Has anyone else faced this same problem, please advice !!

7 Technologist

• 

12.1K Posts

January 5th, 2020 05:00

Have you tried a system reset yet? Usually a plugged in not charging message is displayed when you hover on the battery icon. Disconnect the battery and unplug the adapter. Then press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds. Then reconnect everything and try again.

16 Posts

January 5th, 2020 11:00

Hello JOcean

Thanks for your reply!!!.

I will try this out and let you know 

16 Posts

January 27th, 2020 21:00

Hello JOcean

My apologies for not replying earlier, i was held up in many things.

I tried the steps you suggested but the problem still persisted.

Please find the details of battery stats along with the message i get highlighted in red circle. 

Battery.jpg

This is the problem i have been facing.

Thanks in advance.

1 Message

December 22nd, 2021 21:00

hi did you ever figure out a solution to this problem?

16 Posts

December 22nd, 2021 22:00

Errr no. I dumped that laptop and built my own new rig ... peace of mind when you know each and every part.

6 Professor

• 

6.1K Posts

December 22nd, 2021 23:00

Hi @FlashFlame  from the battery information provided, it has reached end of useful life and wants OEM replacement. Laptops without battery are designed to function as a desktop with adapter plugged in. This gives opportunity to get a replacement battery. 

For the typical user, noticeable reduction in battery run time generally will be observed after 18 to 24 months. For a power user, reduction in run time generally may be experienced within 18 months. Dell recommends buying a new Dell laptop battery when the run time does not meet your needs. Dell Laptop Battery - Frequently Asked Questions | Dell US

No Events found!