Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

3 Posts

July 27th, 2019 09:00

Alienware 15 R3 AlienFX not working

I have followed all suggested remediation steps, including deleting AlienFX files/folders, registry keys, and reinstalling CC. I have tried pulling the battery and pressing the power button. The hardware passes all diagnostic tests, and this problem persisted through a reinstall of Windows 10.

AlienFXTester fails. I feel like the only other thing to try at this point is an older version of Alienware CC. Any other ideas?

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

July 29th, 2019 16:00

Hi @chrmj

• Uninstall Alienware Command Center and ALL Add Ons from Programs and Features by following ALL the steps in this article: https://dell.to/2GBoRpV
  • Download and Install the latest Alienware Command Center from the MS Store (You will require a MS account).
  • Open Command Center. You will get an error saying "No AlienFX Devices Detected". Disregard the massage for now. The Command Center will ask for deployment of several add ons. Download and install each of them (please consider that you will likely need to log to your MS Account several times for this process to complete successfully, DO NOT skip this, no matter how many times the system requests it). If NO installation is skipped, your Command Center should be fully ready and all add ons will now appear on the bottom of the Home Page.
  • At that moment, please restart the PC and ReOpen the Command Center. The error message should now be gone and you should be able to control the lights. If the error still appears, but you can still navigate to FX Tab and change colors, then please keep in mind that by the 3rd week of August, DELL will release a new version of Alienware Command Center that should address this issues.

3 Posts

July 29th, 2019 17:00

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately after downloading CC from MS store and allowing it to update, "FX" and "Home" disappear after CC fully loads. I hope the August update fixes it and my lights aren't dead.

1 Message

August 15th, 2019 20:00

Any updates on this issue? Mine’s still not working.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

August 16th, 2019 15:00

Hi @Airworthy

Send me a private message (by clicking my Alienware-name) with the Alienware PC service tag number so I can review your case.

2 Posts

July 31st, 2020 15:00

Updated Command center and now EVERYTHING is gone 

5 Practitioner

• 

3K Posts

July 31st, 2020 18:00

Command center reinstall and that should fix.

No Events found!