Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

1 Message

September 5th, 2019 18:00

Alienware 15 r3 disconnects from wi-Fi, have to manually disconnect and connect for a fix.

Every single day this happens to me where my connection just drops and all I see is a yellow triangle on the Wi-Fi logo. I've tried everything from updating drivers for Killer to replacing the thing with an Intel 8265 chip. All my power options are on maximum performance. Not sure why this has been happening and It's just been killing me lately.

September 5th, 2019 23:00

I've been sending your experiences over to Killer and our product teams with the latest notebook line and one of the most reoccurring issues is the WiFi connection dropping when passing a large amount of traffic. This issue can be traced to recent changes that Microsoft made to Windows 10 via an automatic update. Rivet Networks (Killer) has been working closely with Microsoft and has identified a fix. The fix is being confirmed with users that currently have the issue and we expect an updated release in the coming days. Check the link https://www.reddit.com/r/Alienware/comments/5sxg39/update_to_killer_wifi_disconnection_issue/

September 8th, 2019 03:00

I went ahead and replaced the wireless card to the Killer 1550 and haven't had a single issue. 1435 is a terrible wifi card as it is >.< Killer will get it straightened tho not to sure why the 15 R3 uses the 1435 yet my 17 R3 used 1535.

31 Posts

September 8th, 2019 08:00

my 15r3 uses the 1535.

No Events found!