Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

1 Message

July 15th, 2019 21:00

AWCC, 5.2.42.0, memory leak

Alienware Command Center Version 5.2.42.0 which released on July 9th has a critical bug right now on my alienware m15. If the application is left open, over time it uses more and more memory until the system memory is 100% allocated, after which the computer becomes noticeably slower. I can provide screenshots if necessary. I'm not the only person experiencing this, users on reddit have reported the same issue. 

22 Posts

July 16th, 2019 21:00

17R5..I just went back to the previous version of CC; for the m15 I believe you need the latest version of the OCC. Alienware & I are on speaking terms again, and the audio is amazing once again!

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

July 17th, 2019 12:00

Hi @mbay16

Send me a private message (by clicking my Alienware-name) with the Alienware PC service tag number so I can review your case.

July 17th, 2019 13:00

@Alienware-Eimy and @mbay16 

Is there a resolution to this issue? I chased a BSOD issue for the last 2 days and come to find out there is a "known" issue with the AWCC that hasn't been resolved nor seemingly addressed.  

Frustrated and Waiting - 

Trav... 

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

July 18th, 2019 07:00

Hi @MaxTravelor

Send me a private message (by clicking on my Alienware name) with the Alienware PC Service Tag number, a detailed explanation of what the issue is and the troubleshooting steps you have tried so far, so I can review your case.

2 Posts

July 24th, 2019 18:00

Yep, mine too.  Brand spanking new m5 15 SE.   Alienware command control center version 5.2.42.0 & OCC 1.2.38.1216.  I'll add this to list of other issue I'm dealing with. Not to mention that Dell support web page does not recognize my service tag with no way to contact support other than a phone call. Maybe someone at will read this. 

8 Posts

August 3rd, 2019 06:00

I have an m15 and noticed like a few others that the AWCC when open continues to increase its memory usage infinitely, ie memory leak.

I want Alienware to supply me with a date of when a fix will be implemented.  I am very irritated by this buggy software as its has been a major source of issues with my computer ever since I received it in April.

Does anyone know if the previous version also has the leak?

I am using 5.2.42.0

(Did interns code this?)

1 Message

August 11th, 2019 10:00

I have the same problem. Has there been a fix released? 

8 Posts

August 12th, 2019 06:00

This problem has been reported WEEKS ago, I also have this issue. 

In one post here, it was indicated that Dell will release a new version of the AWCC around the third week in August. 

I hope they actually fix the issues, I'm not holding my breath becuase there are sooooo many issues,,, seems like a very large task.

I wish they would just license Throttlestop and modify it to suit DELL needs, would be way better.

No Events found!