Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

12 Posts

October 3rd, 2018 17:00

17 R5, Alienware Mobile Connect

I have an Alienware 17 R5 and I had an old phone connected before, but I recently got a new phone it's a Samsung Galaxy S7 (my old phone was just some AT&T LG phone.) I connected my new phone unconnected my old, my old phone had no troubles mirroring worked fine everything worked fine but this Samsung S7 wont mirror, it says connecting via wireless direct but endlessly, never any changes never connects, on the phone under the wireless direct it says it's connected, all the other things work fine on it like i can read my messages get notification and calls etc. but no mirroring I didn't have this trouble with my other phone an i think when i first connected my new one it worked for awhile or was working but doesn't now. 

12 Posts

October 3rd, 2018 19:00

also this is apparently a problem with mobile connect an not the phones because from the looks of it none of my phones can mirror now to the app 

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

October 4th, 2018 11:00

Hi @Munyo,

Try by reinstalling the APP. Follow the steps on this video Alienware Mobile Connect.

You can also check this articles:

Dell Mobile Connect error during mirroring process with Android phone

How to configure Dell Mobile Connect for Android

12 Posts

October 4th, 2018 14:00

I'm semi-computer savvy so I already did these things, I wondered if an update for windows didn't kill it's ability to mirror? the option shows it just endlessly says connecting and the direct wifi thing says it's connected. but no mirroring happens, I've uninstalled an reinstalled on both my phone an computer an tried different phones the mirroring doesn't work with any of them now. I also tried the 'repair option' none of that has done any good the bluetooth is on,  on both devices as well, I'm not sure what the malfunction is 

12 Posts

October 5th, 2018 06:00

this is what it does, while my phone says it's connected, all of them do this now. 

https://imgur.com/a/e2YWbhx

4 Posts

November 2nd, 2018 08:00

Did you ever get screen mirroring working?  I have the same issue.  Would love to know how to fix it.

12 Posts

November 2nd, 2018 09:00

No I never got it to work again not on any of my phones. 

4 Posts

March 1st, 2019 18:00

2/14/2019 shipped new m17 microsoft store says not compatible. latest drivers, latest windows install is there anywhere else to download the windows 10 app other than the MS store?
No Events found!