Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 3rd, 2020 05:00

Alienware command center not working on dell g3

Hi all, 

I have a dell Inspiron g3 3590 laptop with 8gb ddr4 dual channel 2666 ram and a gtx 1650 graphics with a core i5 9300h processor. I had recently done a disk partition in the laptop and from that time onward, the awcc application is not working. It does launch, but there is now no way to use the “G” mode or control the fans manually. I used to get an option before, to make a new profile and set it for the whole system, as well as the games added in the awcc application. But now, there’s no such option to set fan profiles for the whole system. I can only do so for the added games in the library. I have a feeling that it is due to the partition formation only, just wanted to confirm with that. Also wanted help in resolving the issue. And if this is the exact problem, will I face the same problem again if I add an internal HDD in my laptop? Please do look into this issue. Thank you in advance 

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

August 3rd, 2020 05:00

You do not have an Alienware computer. The G3 is an Inspiron. Sorry, you are not the only one confused by the name.

At the top of the Alienware forum-- https://www.dell.com/community/Alienware/Inspiron-G-are-not-Alienware-Do-not-post-here/td-p/7324441

Edit-- Dell has posted some info about using the G3 with the command center--

https://www.dell.com/support/article/en-us/sln128904/alienware-command-center-quick-guide?lang=en

12 Posts

August 3rd, 2020 06:00

Yes, I do know it is not an Alienware laptop.. but the problem lies when I select Inspiron, it takes it as an invalid option.. also, the awcc came prep installed with the product 

5 Practitioner

• 

3K Posts

August 3rd, 2020 10:00

Yeah, you’ll probably get the same issue with an internal HDD installment.

Id recommend going to your support page and downloading the command center from there.

6 Professor

• 

6.1K Posts

August 3rd, 2020 15:00

Hi @Aarush D download the free Revo Uninstaller and use with Advanced scanning mode setting. Run Revo Uninstaller to see if AWCC is listed. If yes, uninstall your AWCC, press Scan and when prompted select and delete all files, you might get a second prompt to select and delete more files. You have now removed everything associated with the AWCC.  After restart, you can clean install the AWCC, as if for the first time. 

If the most recent AWCC does not work, install an earlier version. You can get the earlier version by opening your Service Tag Support's page, get AWCC driver information > view full driver details > scroll down and click on Version to select from list of earlier versions. 

Hope this helps. Kind regards. 

5 Practitioner

• 

3K Posts

August 3rd, 2020 16:00

Use your service tag which is found most commonly on the bottom of the laptop.

7 Posts

February 14th, 2023 13:00

Hello.

I am facing this issue too using Alienware Command Center on a Dell G3 3500.

Please Dell, fix this problem asap.

No Events found!