Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

May 6th, 2018 17:00

15 R3, warranty, USA to Germany

I purchased my laptop in USA but now I am living in Germany. I still have two months left on my basic warranty. Is it possible to extend my warranty and keep my machine covered here in Germany? I have already applied for an International service tag transfer.

10 Elder

• 

24.8K Posts

The basic warranty doesn't qualify for international transfer - you must upgrade to onsite service before that will go through.  And while the cost is about $100 at purchase, it'll be double that now.  Then add the cost of a warranty extension (at least a couple of hundred dollars more) and you have a strong case for setting aside what you'd spend on the warranty to pay for any future needed repair yourself. Warranty upgrades make sense only at purchase time - they are far more expensive post-purchase.

6 Posts

Thanks for the quick response. If its that costly then there is no reason to extend.

6 Posts

May 7th, 2018 12:00

So i just added my laptop to the list of my products on dell's website. Under warranty it says the following:
Onsite Service After Remote Diagnosis (Consumer Customer)/ Next Business Day Onsite After Remote Diagnosis (Commercial Customer).
Does this mean I have onsite service by default because of the hefty price of this machine. Am i eligible for International Warranty transfer with this ?

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

May 9th, 2018 11:00

Hi @samar93,

You can send me a private message with your Service Tag so I can check your account.

No Events found!