Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

May 7th, 2018 22:00

Bad product and service complaint

Since 2014 I have had at least 3 to 4 replacements in now 4 years. When the system would fail which that time frame is within 1 day to no more than 1 month. The system repairs would fail because of a combination of bad or wrong parts that were sent to the onsite techs. This would prevent these 3rd party techs from doing their job right. Your depot option has been even more hazardous as every time the system goes into depot the system becomes even more broke then when it was sent in for repair. To add more to insult, Dell sent me a new replacement  that was bad on delivery, Yet, the company wont even take back this defective replacement and replace it with a new one. You wont even refund the original order either.

If Dell alienware would stop sending bad products, sending bad or wrong parts and stop having poorly trained or poor quality depot repairs, I would not be where I am now.

I am tired of excuses whether it is about policy or warranty. This issue is an ethical issue as well as a service and bad products issue

When a onsite tech has to come out 2 times to attempt to fix an issue and that fails because dell sent in on the original system a defective motherboard and then 2 times later 2 more bad motherboards then the issues are 100% your fault.

Anything less than one of the two options is not will not be acceptable.

I have been nice till now about this but I can no longer be so nice.

This needs to be fixed with a fully new system whether a new 17r5 over the 17r4 or a desktop version anything less would be unacceptable

A full refund would be an insult to injury. Please help if you are or can get a higher management to help. If you are a dell rep I will provide service tag etc but not on this forum. Thanks for help in advance

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

May 8th, 2018 15:00

Hi, 

We are sorry to hear about your experience. Send me your Service Tag in a private message, so we can review your case. 

1 Message

September 22nd, 2019 10:00

Did you ever get a resolution to your issue? I purchased an Alienware 17R4 last year and have had continuous problems with it. As with you, they replaced my motherboard twice while it was under warranty - the same/related problem propped up once again and they are saying its a motherboard issue and it should be replaced. Only now, its going to cost me over $200 (plus the cost of a diagnosis) since the warranty expired.

In my estimation, they shipped me a bad product the first time, and either didn't fix the problem during the first two service requests or simply swapped out one bad motherboard for another equally bad motherboard on both occasions (replacing the motherboard seems to be their standard response).

I'd be grateful to know how your issue got resolved, if at all. Thanks.

1 Message

July 30th, 2021 15:00

I've also had a just awful experience. Took months to try and get my PC unlocked. It was stolen, so I called Alienware to blacklist it so whoever had it couldn't use it. Some time later I got it back. But for whatever reason, they could put the lock on, but nobody knew how to get it off. I had to send my laptop in to get a bunch of parts replaced including the motherboard. I did not get the base model 17r4 and paid a substantial amount more to get upgraded parts. They sent my laptop back with all base model parts. Ex: GeForce 1060 instead of the 1070 I paid for. I am beyond furious and am currently trying to have the issue resolved. This has been the worst customer care experience of my life, I'd expect this from something like AliExpress, not a company selling computers that almost cost as much as a car. I will never ever buy Alienware again in my life. My computer shouldn't struggle to run Minecraft when I paid 3.5 thousand dollars for it.

7 Technologist

• 

6.1K Posts

July 30th, 2021 16:00

Hi @Lovepony003  please click on @DELL-Cares and send Private message requesting assistance. Thank you. 

No Events found!