Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 13th, 2018 12:00

Can I connect both my VR and AW2518H to AW R4 17?

Hello,

Is it possible to connect both my Dell WMR VR via HDMI and AW2518H G-Sync monitor at the same time, directly to the laptop? If I use the HDMI on the laptop for VR and mini-port for the monitor, will the monitor still deliver higher rate up to 240 Hz (via the mini hdmi) while the VR is running?

I have a GTX 1070 in the AW R4 17.

Thanks.

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

July 16th, 2018 08:00

First, the "mini port" on your system is mini-DisplayPort, not mini HDMI.  HDMI does not support having multiple independent displays connected to one source output; only DisplayPort does that.  However, the AW2518H supports HDMI 1.4 and DisplayPort 1.2 inputs, and DisplayPort 1.2 actually offers more bandwidth than HDMI 1.4, so if you connected your display to your system using a mini-DisplayPort to DisplayPort cable, you'll be good to go.  The AW2518H manual available on support.dell.com specifically says that it supports 1080p at 240 Hz over both DisplayPort and HDMI, so the only question will be whether your system supports outputting that signal over both HDMI and mini-DisplayPort.  I don't have any direct experience with that system, but I think the answer is very likely yes.

No Events found!