Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 26th, 2018 08:00

17 R5, i7-8750h, gaming on battery

Hi Everyone!

I just today bought my new Alienware 17 R5, 17.3, i7 8750h and I want to play games with this but before I bought this Alienware, I had XPS 15 L501X before and in the first 6 months my battery died because I played like 7 hours per day so I decided to buy a gaming laptop, but here is the same problem battery is inside and its very hard for me to take it out the battery and leave it out for a long time outside laptop without charging, I would like to ask is there any way that I can play as much I want or any time I want without using battery? for example, may I turn off battery charging or something or any other ways? please help me I don't like my new laptop which is cost a lot for me destroy in first 6 months  

Thank You

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

September 26th, 2018 09:00

I don't understand. You never have to remove the battery. It only runs on battery when the charger is removed. Play your games, watch the battery meter and plug in the charger when it gets down to 20% or so and keep playing while charging. Remove the charger when it gets to 100%. That extends the battery life. Research good battery practices.

10 Posts

September 26th, 2018 10:00

Hey thank you for responding but this method that you said I tried before but it still kills laptop battery, so I did exactly the same you said and after 6 months my battery died completely, I'm saying for example when I play a game and my battery becomes 100% and my battery  plugin for at least 6 hours is that make any problem or there is other ways ? :) 

No Events found!