Start a Conversation

Unsolved

H

2 Posts

November 11th, 2018 19:00

Dell is big liar!

I ordered a desktop with NVIDIA 1080ti 11GB, but they sent me a piece of junk with intel graphics 630. WASTED me Huge amounts of time installing all the softwares! I won't trust them any more. Everyone check your computer features to see whether it is right!! I will never discover this unless I opened Call of Duty.

9 Legend

• 

12.2K Posts

November 12th, 2018 03:00

You have 30 days to return it. Just curious as to which model of Alienware Laptop you ordered (sorry desktop..jumping between too many forums)? Alienware do have integrated Intel graphics  but also have discrete GPUs such as the 1080.

https://www.dell.com/community/Alienware-General-Read-Only/alienware-17-r3-how-to-switch-between-integrated-graphic-card/td-p/5634753

And the return policy.

https://www.dell.com/learn/ca/en/cacorp1/terms-conditions/commercial-returns-ca

I do not work for Dell.

2 Posts

November 12th, 2018 07:00

Thank you for the reply. It is a Aurora 7 desktop. I type in dxdiag to see the computer features. Ang find that the graphics is not correct. Then I open the COD 5. The computer wont even survive the lowest graphic settings. my old computer can even do that with nvidia 1050

4 Operator

• 

5.6K Posts

November 12th, 2018 08:00

@HCYALex wrote:

I ordered a desktop with NVIDIA 1080ti 11GB, but they sent me a piece of junk with intel graphics 630. WASTED me Huge amounts of time installing all the softwares! I won't trust them any more. Everyone check your computer features to see whether it is right!! I will never discover this unless I opened Call of Duty.

You do realize that mistakes happen?

Unless all mighty HYCAlex is perfect which I doubt!

Hyperboles  make you look absolutely silly.

4 Posts

November 12th, 2018 12:00

Its better you get in touch with them instead of calling them out here.

2 Intern

• 

402 Posts

November 13th, 2018 12:00

Did you open the case to see if a video card was installed?

videocard.JPG

9 Legend

• 

12.2K Posts

November 13th, 2018 12:00

Agreed. It may be that the card is not fully inserted in the PCIe slot. Or, and mistakes do happen, the card is nowhere to be found. Very easy to see if the card is installed properly. OK, one more question and sorry if this is a rather obvious question, but you did connect the monitor to the video card port and not to the motherboard video port did you?

November 13th, 2018 15:00

I am thinking that OP didn't connect to the proper video out...lol.

9 Legend

• 

12.2K Posts

November 13th, 2018 18:00

I have seen it done before and actually some manufacturers place a cap or sticker over the motherboard port for just that reason. Learned that as a young tech...never overlook the obvious.

No Events found!