Start a Conversation

Unsolved

E

13 Posts

July 31st, 2019 09:00

m15 R1, fix the fan curves

You pay 2000+ EUR/USD on a device, but you are getting a laptop which is just broken because of terrible fan curves. The past 6 months people have been asking to fix the bios and give us back full fan control on our devices, so we can set up our own fan curves. But we Dell/Alienware keeps ignoring us. The money we paid for the machines is already in their accounts, aftersales is an unnecessary evil for dell/alienware so they don't give it.  So if you people have the decency to even care about your consumers, then you should fix AWCC and the bios to give us back full fan control. Because the M15 is now a broken machine, where fans stay on 100% of the time, while temps are not even close to unsafe temps. Can't use this machine anymore while working or in meetings and it looks like I'm getting forced to sell this machine to one poor soul who hasn't heard about the terrible aftersales of alienware.

23 Posts

August 3rd, 2019 16:00

I think one of the most serious problems the video game world is experiencing is the possibility of having very high performance in very little space. For me it is not a possible thing for me not to make compromises. The m15 r1 models are great machines but personally too narrow and small to mount CPUs and GPUs that heat too much. I believe that this thing that happened to you is even more valid than what I just wrote, it is clear that the engineers at Dell realized that the ventilation system was not performing enough to keep the heat of the components of the system under control and have performed a update the bios to avoid worse damages.

13 Posts

August 14th, 2019 09:00

Fix the fan curves on this laptop.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

August 14th, 2019 13:00

Hi @Elgreco15

Send me a private message (by clicking my Alienware-name) with the Alienware PC service tag number so I can review your case.

1 Rookie

• 

113 Posts

August 21st, 2019 03:00

Please DELL, do something with the fan curves of the m15! Why does the cpu-fan run at 52% all the time at a temperature of 37 degrees?

13 Posts

August 22nd, 2019 11:00

Dear Dell,

For the fourth/fifth time. You should start fixing the fan control for the alienware m15. Lett me start with a quote from your product page. A nice promise was made on the product page:

"CALIBRATE YOUR CONTROLS

Now you have control over your hardware and software environments. Not only can you tailor the hardware for each and every game you play, you can personalize the space and setup to make your software look and feel precisely the way you want it, without interfering with your gameplay or other activities."

So where is our control over our hardware and software environments? Because I can't change a thing about the fan curve threshold, because the bios will override it. I can only change the fan upwards and not downwards. 

And I am not the only one, look for example at user reviews of the M15: 

Annotation 2019-08-22 184730.pngAnnotation 2019-08-22 185124.pngAnnotation 2019-08-22 185204.png

1 Rookie

• 

113 Posts

September 3rd, 2019 10:00

Dell still hasn`t done anything, very annoying! A bit disappointing for a machine that costs 2000€.

1 Rookie

• 

113 Posts

September 12th, 2019 08:00

Push

No Events found!