Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S4

5 Posts

October 6th, 2019 17:00

Graphics Amplifier Help/Suggestions

Hello, a while back I had an issue with an Alienware Graphics Amplifier. With my GeForce 1080 card, I would be able to play DOOM 2016 on Vulkan settings with Nightmare CPU Metrics. I know everything was right because the 3 bars on the right side would be completely green. One day the game started stuttering and I got red bars with bad fps drops. Since my graphics amp was from amazon, I couldnt really get any help over the phone. I posted here and people were stumped as well.

So I decided to buy one from DELL officially. The game runs just as it always did, but there is one thing that kinda worries me. While the game runs perfect on the most stressful settings, the 3 bars are not all green. Its orange and sometimes a split second red. The CPU in general is on the red a lot. Again, the game runs just fine, but I would like to make sure all bars are green, as I think something is still up. 

Below are pictures of my Graphics amp setup and the GeForce card. As you can see there is only one set of cords connected to the graphics card. It was like this on my older amp as well with no issues. So my main questions are:

What can I do?

Should I worry?

Am I connecting the correct cable on my graphics card?

Again, I do want to mention that I dont play with the data showing on the right side, I do that to check on the game and make sure everything is running correctly.

Edit: Couldnt post images on here for some reason so I have a link below to a twitter post so you can see all the images

https://twitter.com/servbot_42/status/1181000240716845056

November 4th, 2019 16:00

BUMP

I decided to load the evil within 2 and the game has some stuttering in certain parts. The lowest it goes is in the 40s. It used to be a constant 60 throughout everything. Now I know something is till up. Please, any help would be grateful. I tried the Nvidia Inspector to push the framerate limiter to 61.8 but its not affecting the game. I also turned off Vsync in game and fiddled with the Nvidia control panel to make it run on the 1080.

November 5th, 2019 11:00

BUMP again. 

I have updated my BIOS to the latest version and im still getting the frame drops. Its coming from the CPU. What can I do?

November 11th, 2019 10:00

BUMP once more

Still having the same issues. Anyone else gone through this issue? I have my PC updated to the latest software. Also, if youre employed from Dell DO NOT HELP ME. You guys are no help to me whatsoever. Always asking for my number and telling me you cant help me because theyre expired. This isnt something that needs some next level geek squad expertise. Im having BASIC software troubleshooting.

No Events found!