Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 8th, 2021 22:00

My Area-51m R2 has blue screen countless times

From the first month of purchase to the fifth month now, there have been countless blue screens, initially once every two weeks, and now every few hours.

I did not make any changes to the computer, just downloaded Steam to play the game. I checked the diagnostic program and said there was no fault, but the blue screen still appeared frequently. Sometimes, when no program is running, the blue screen is displayed only when the desktop is displayed微信图片_20210409004708.jpg

7 Technologist

• 

6.1K Posts

April 9th, 2021 08:00

Hi @chenxing thank you for sharing update. Your opening post says this fault has always existed, so what will Factory Reset achieve? Did you actually deploy F12 ePSA Diagnostics to test the hardware? Did you deploy Check Disk to find and fix any file errors on the OS(C:) drive? Best to find root cause and fix it. In my humble opinion. 

5 Posts

April 8th, 2021 22:00

I already regret buying a Dell computer

7 Technologist

• 

6.1K Posts

April 8th, 2021 23:00

Hi @chenxing  welcome to this user to user discussion forum. This is not Dell Support. 

Thank you for including blue screen image in your opening post. You have already used F12 ePSA Diagnostics and there are no hardware problems. So it must be a software problem. 

A corrupted or damaged driver is one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. Go to Device Manager to see if any of the drivers are not functioning correctly and have already flagged a problem. Look for a yellow triangle and/or the otherwise vertical list moved to the right. You may have to delete the faulty driver, so that windows will automatically replace it after Restart (not Shut Down). 

If nothing found, open Reliability Monitor to find which Event and its Microsoft error code is flagging a problem. 

Please click on Kudos to say thank you for response from another user. Please share an update on progress, so that other users derive benefit from your experience. Thank you. 

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

April 9th, 2021 07:00

Same issue -- BSOD, usually when A/C power is connected. When on battery, it's usually fine. Dell wants to charge me for software support, yet I can't even do a Dell Factory Reset on this thing -- it crashes!

5 Posts

April 9th, 2021 08:00

Thank you very much for your reply. If it is not a hardware problem, is it useful to reset my computer?

5 Posts

April 9th, 2021 16:00

I have checked the ePSA diagnostic program and there are no errors. There was no blue screen in the first few weeks, until some software prompted me to update the driver and upgrade Windows. I downloaded norton antivirus software, some decompression programs and some games. I don't know if it is a software problem

5 Posts

April 9th, 2021 19:00

I have figured out the problem, but I don't know how to solve this. Please help me, I don't know anything about computers, I just can play games微信图片_20210409214751.pngAMCC.exe error, I don't even know what it is

No Events found!