LSnake
Bronze

New Command Center will not work for 15-R3?

I was trying to install in my 15-R3 the new Alienware command Center that is in Windows Store, But it does not recognize my laptop. Does anyone already know if the 15-R3 and 17-R4 will work with this software? It would bother me that we are not included anymore. It is the same chassis as the 15-R4 and 17-R5. It should work, but I do not see any information or news from Dell.

22 Replies

Re: New Command Center will not work for 15-R3?

Hi @LSnake,

Unfortunately, it will only work for those models listed under, System Requirements =
"Your device must meet all minimum requirements to open this product"

Alienware or Dell Gaming Device;Area 51 R5/R6 or higher;Alienware 15 R4 or higher;Alienware 17 R5 or higher

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

LSnake
Bronze

That's disappointing, Dell should consider this.

I bought my 15R3 laptop on December 17 and I am glad that the new version (15R4) is basically the same chassis, just only the updated internals and cooling system (It was necessary, as I see the forums).
And seeing the new command center assumed that we were going to have the privilege of having it. The Area-51 R4 was launched last year as well as the 15R3 (Kaby Lake both, Nvidia 10 Series) and still covered by the new software (great right?). I do the motion that your software team should consider the models 15R3 and 17R4, theoretically it costs nothing (are the same zones, leds location etc.), unless it is for pure marketing purposes.

HeliP
Bronze

I'm also disappointed ...
I bought my last year, and for a few months of difference 
I will have to live with that lousy Control Center that
has not been updated for years.

LSnake
Bronze

They have to do something. They have to support pre-2018 keyboards and mice (something they already confirmed in a stream). they can do the same with the laptops of the 15R3 and 17R4.

DashV
Bronze

So the $2100 computer that I bought in December isn't getting any future updates? This is terrible customer service. Why would I ever buy another Dell product after learning this?

Rudy 775
Copper

Same here, I just bought my 17R4($2,400) recently and was looking forward to the new CC update. I really hope they consider this.

0 Kudos
FreonFeed
Copper

In 2012 I had an Alienware m11x, now I have an Alienware 15 R3, which I bought in the summer of 2017 for $ 2,400 and here is still the same CC as was on the old laptop five years ago! I really hope that they will think and in a month we will see a new Command Center

0 Kudos
hzumbru1
Bronze

Now, with all the competition in the gaming market, can you confirm there will be no updates to the command center? I doubt people will be very pleased to find out the machine they spent 2k on last year that has seen no major graphics card updates would not be receiving a simple software update. 

0 Kudos
DocteurW
Copper

As an owner of a $3000 Alienware 17 R4 I find this revolting. And as a software developer myself I can only laugh at the <attacking> of not making the software working on all alienware computers. Dell, fix this or your products will die eventually. Bad publicity made by the customers themselves has destroyed more than one brand.