Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 14th, 2018 12:00

17 R5, power button LED color change?

With the new Alienware 17r5, you can change all the LEDs to 1 of 16.7 million colors, but I am unable to change the LED around the power button? Am I missing something or does this constantly stay a shade of blue?

4 Posts

September 23rd, 2018 10:00

I finally figured it out!

I needed to update both my version of BIOS an the Alienware Command Center, and now when I select number 8 to change the little head it actually changes for me.

All better... nothing to see here.

• 

81 Posts

May 14th, 2018 14:00

Hi @Anonymous!

Unfortunately, the power button does not change color and it does stay in solid blue.

1 Rookie

• 

81 Posts

May 15th, 2018 09:00

It's not selectable in Command Center? on the R4 you could select it and choose a new color from the color wheel, but I don't have any experience on the new Command Center...though it seems odd that they would remove that option. 

1 Message

June 6th, 2018 13:00

Hi,

I by no means know what I am doing with the command center on my 15R4, but I was able to change the color on the power button. So, it is possible.

83 Posts

June 8th, 2018 11:00

You can change it!

I have a 17 R5. click on the number eight label that is pointing to the head, you will then be able to change the colour.

Clicking on the head itself will not select it.

:)

83 Posts

June 8th, 2018 14:00

Hi you are mistaken. It can be changed. Just click on the number 8 label that points to the head to select it and change it to whatever colour you want.

4 Posts

September 21st, 2018 19:00

Can you not change the color of the little power button alien head? The one above the keyboard?

I have the 4 keyboard zone Alienware 17.3 inch R5, and I can change the color of all the different zones and the sides and stuff... but for the life of me I cant figure out how to change the little alien head shaped power button from its default light blue color...

How do you change it? Can this be patched into the Alienware Command Center please?

83 Posts

September 22nd, 2018 12:00

Read the above comments. It can be changed.

4 Posts

September 22nd, 2018 17:00

I’m sorry I did read the other comments and I’m still confused.

do you mean hit 8 on the keyboard? Or a label that says 8 in the Alienware control panel?

I’ll try again when I’m home, at least it’s good to know it can be changed!

4 Posts

September 22nd, 2018 20:00

OK, I see the 8 you guys are talking about in the Alienware Command Center, but for some reason when I click on it, it wont respond. I can click on every other zone and pick the colors I want, but not the 8 for the little alien power head, its weird.

And now for some reason the head is flashing through different rainbow colors, its super annoying, uggghh

13 Posts

April 10th, 2019 05:00

@ BonesB thanks! A very odd way to change the color but you were right & it works!! Wonder why the the option to change the color for the power button is different compared to other keys!

1 Message

November 11th, 2020 18:00

Create a new theme and assign the alien head power button another color of your choosing. Then, save the theme, and set it as the "Active System Theme". Once you do this, the head will take on the color you assigned in your theme. Hope this helps.

No Events found!