Start a Conversation

Unsolved

B

1 Message

May 9th, 2020 21:00

17 R3, no motherboard inventory, cannot replace

I bought an Alienware 17 R3 4 years/4 months/26 days ago. The purchased one year warranty expired on December 13, 2016. The motherboard has broken twice. The first time it was in warranty and they replaced it. Within 2 years it failed again. I paid for the out of warranty repair, paid for the shipping for the repair, and paid for the replacement motherboard. Dell charged me for it up front. I shipped them the laptop, they kept it for a month because they were backordered on the motherboard. Then, they call me and say 'the manufacturer doesn't make the part.'.

First, in my opinion, if the same part fails on a $2500 laptop repeatedly, you should recall it and replace it. Secondly, you took my money without validating your inventory. The ineptitude that takes as a company is astounding. Third, they offered me nothing to make amends in any way. The tech did not offer a refund, I still have not received one.

I will never buy another one of your computers. I will tell everyone I know to not purchase your products, and I will dedicate the value of the laptop in my time to this review on every website you sell your products on so your customers know that you in my opinion make defective products and have no interest in taking care of your customers. I'll give you 2 weeks to have one of your agents reach out to me and replace this piece of garbage with another of commensurate value or I will dedicate $2500 of my time to preventing as much business for you as I can.

No Responses!
No Events found!