Start a Conversation

Unsolved

P

50 Posts

February 22nd, 2019 16:00

goodbye alienware

I have used Alienware products for almost 20 years. My first was the M1710-anyone remember that? I just recently donated it to the disabled Veterans.

I purchased a $4000 17 R5 in the beginning of July. By December, technical support determined it was overheating and I had to send it back. It was the week of Christmas and New Years. The heatsink and hard drive were replaced. By the end of January technical support determined there was a problem with my video card and I had to send it back in yet again. This time the heat sink, hard drive and motherboard were replaced and Dell installed the NVidia driver for me. When I got the unit back the keyboard wasn't working properly. I requested a technician to come out to replace the keyboard. When he was here, he showed me that underneath the unit there was a huge dent! Throughout this whole process I dealt with the Advanced Resolution department which was really of no help. I continued to ask if I could have the unit replaced and was advised finally 2 days ago the following: 

Please accept my sincere apologies for your experience. We regret to advise you that we will be unable to accommodate a replacement system. Please be advised that the warranty on the system entitles for required part replacement; however, normal wear and tear or cosmetic damage will not be covered under the warranty.

However, we are willing to make an exception to replace the part. Please do respond to confirm if the dent is noticed on the bottom base.

I was so furious and outraged that they refused to acknowledge why they would not replace the unit after it was sent back twice, but they would take "special consideration" to replace the part that had the dent I told them to close the case.

I'm donating this $4000 laptop to the disabled Veterans. I'm sure they will find some good use to it.

There's also another problem that has been ongoing that Dell has never addressed and that is: when the fans are on for a prolonged period of time and I do a restart for Windows 10, it never restarts. The circles just spin and I eventually get a Blue screen with a stop error code.

I loved Dell Alienware, however the experience I went through the past 4 months was totally unacceptable.

I am posting this to warn other prospective buyers to be sure when you get you unit you test it thoroughly. 

GOODBYE DELL!!

1 Rookie

• 

35 Posts

February 23rd, 2019 05:00

if I were you I would write to him with a , only in this way will things be solved

50 Posts

February 23rd, 2019 05:00

Thought about it but I’ve wasted too much time and energy and moving on to an ASUS.
No Events found!